Vital: Coming out soon

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking forward to getting my mits on this, good luck with the development, love Helm.

GrimReaperFloof wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:38 pm Is Vital really going to be free and open source? I really hope it will be, as afaik there are no proper FOSS alternatives to Serum, or FOSS wavetable synths at all. Sadly, the music production industry is dominated by expensive proprietary software. I hope this can change. If Vital will be a viable FOSS alternative to Serum, that would already be a pretty good step towards more FOSS within the music production industry.
You might have missed Surge...
But Vital will be different and a welcome addition...

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:57 pm
GrimReaperFloof wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:38 pm Is Vital really going to be free and open source? I really hope it will be, as afaik there are no proper FOSS alternatives to Serum, or FOSS wavetable synths at all. Sadly, the music production industry is dominated by expensive proprietary software. I hope this can change. If Vital will be a viable FOSS alternative to Serum, that would already be a pretty good step towards more FOSS within the music production industry.
To be fair, Surge is not an Open Source synth from the start. I mean, it's amazing (I love that project) but it's an old commercial software. Vital is a new development and will (I guess) be open from it's release. It may or may not be better than Surge, different of course, but we will see. I mean, the concepts are different.

Love them both though! And I really appreciate when closed source software goes open :D

Jorgeelalto wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 pm
To be fair, Surge is not an Open Source synth from the start. I mean, it's amazing (I love that project) but it's an old commercial software.
You know that open source and commercial is not a contradiction. To the contrary, the most successful FOSS projects are all commercial (and old as well...).
The „but“ regarding Surge would rater be „but its not commercial anymore“...

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:14 am
Jorgeelalto wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 pm
To be fair, Surge is not an Open Source synth from the start. I mean, it's amazing (I love that project) but it's an old commercial software.
You know that open source and commercial is not a contradiction. To the contrary, the most successful FOSS projects are all commercial (and old as well...).
The „but“ regarding Surge would rater be „but its not commercial anymore“...
Oops, you are right, my apologies. I meant closed source vs open. Although I have to say, commercial software in the audio realm usually gets developed further and polished more than FOSS.

any where to see the gui?

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:34 pm any where to see the gui?
https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/01/vi ... -soon.html

Erisian wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 pm
thank you

Biome_Digital wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:48 pm
Erisian wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:46 pm
thank you
You're welcome. :)

Vital doesn't look much like that anymore

mtytel wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:06 pm Vital doesn't look much like that anymore
Give us a clue. :borg:

Erisian wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:16 pm
mtytel wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:06 pm Vital doesn't look much like that anymore
Give us a clue. :borg:
https://twitter.com/matttytel

I'm really looking forward to this thing, My thanks to the dev.

Sorry...the longer you wait the more software wil pop up like Ovox and take away some of the interrest in your software.

It's open source and it's free, it will be released when it will be released. That's it.

And why would Ovox be a problem?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”