Amplitube 4.9....when will we get 5!

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Compyfox wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:36 pm You folks talk about new UI and stuff like that (granted, some amp knobs really are small!)...

...and all I want is actually level matched amps. Meaning... amps you can switch out and where you don't have to go drastic measures to get the same input gain and therefore "crunch tone" for whatever amp you select (example: Slash's Amp Suite needs a very, very high input gain, while the Fender Suite actually needs a pulled down input gain).

Literally every other popular amp suite does this (Line6, NI, Scuffham, TSE, Mercuriall), but not IKM AT4.x

But I guess... priorities. :shrug:
For the sake of realism, our modeling reacts more like the actual amps which would not be level-matched in real life. We may be more sticklers for that sort of thing, I guess.

If anybody with Instagram wants to get more detail from IK about their AmpliTube feature requests and comments, Ryan_IK and Mark Menghi (Metal Allegiance) will be doing a live stream about AmpliTube and other guitar-related at 4PM EST today on the IK Instagram channel

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:29 pm What happens is you can see that you don't have some gear in that preset, and you can try it without having to be told via popup which would be what you choose.
What are you talking about? How can you see that you don't have some gear in the preset? Without the warning, it just loads with the wrong amp and you don't know what didn't load.
If you do want to be notified, don't hide the notification.
I think you are missing the point that we don't want to waste time loading presets that don't work. Notification or not.You guys must be the only devs not to have the common sense that nobody would want presets listed that they can't use and can't find out they can't use until they actually try to load it.
If you are concerned about not having gear, you can either create the presets you'd like with gear you do have and not use the presets many of which were, unsurprisingly, designed to show you what you can do with all of the gear including what you don't have (but do have the ability to quickly and easily demo)...
How about rather than justify something that is universally agreed to be frustrating, you guys actually listen to your customers and remove this annoyance.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:51 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:29 pm What happens is you can see that you don't have some gear in that preset, and you can try it without having to be told via popup which would be what you choose.
What are you talking about? How can you see that you don't have some gear in the preset? Without the warning, it just loads with the wrong amp and you don't know what didn't load.
If you do want to be notified, don't hide the notification.
I think you are missing the point that we don't want to waste time loading presets that don't work. Notification or not.You guys must be the only devs not to have the common sense that nobody would want presets listed that they can't use and can't find out they can't use until they actually try to load it.
If you are concerned about not having gear, you can either create the presets you'd like with gear you do have and not use the presets many of which were, unsurprisingly, designed to show you what you can do with all of the gear including what you don't have (but do have the ability to quickly and easily demo)...
How about rather than justify something that is universally agreed to be frustrating, you guys actually listen to your customers and remove this annoyance.
Exactly this, it doesn't make me want to buy more from IK, it makes me use the entire program less as it is so frustrating. I load HELIX or Scuffam and I can play any preset…..
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

@Peter I am an owner and I like the IKM product line but I have to agree with some of the other posters on here on this one. The marketing tactic of purposely always showing you and reminding you of all the other IKM products you don't own is annoying and kind of gimmicky. People jump into the IKM ecosystem because of the large perceived deals and discounts marketing -- not because of the constant reminders of what other things they haven't bought yet. I think if IKM focused more on strategically coordinating and aligning deals and group buys in and around competitors activities, it would probably generate more sales than constantly bugging current customers to buy the things they don't have. Just throwing it out there.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:30 pm For the sake of realism, our modeling reacts more like the actual amps which would not be level-matched in real life. We may be more sticklers for that sort of thing, I guess.
While I understand the idea behind the suites, and the grasp for authenticity, one should not underestimate the digital realm.

I've already forwarded this to the staff through various channels, but I don't see a problem with adjusting the amps to a certain reference level. The amps would still behave the same, but if we talk "ITB recording/editing", we also talk a fairly unified signal strength for DI tracks.

:arrow: An easy solution (IMO) would be to offer one global button that says "reference level on/off", with a number right beside it declaring this particular level.

You have no idea how frustrating it was (and still is) for me to demo the Slash Suite compared to other Marshall amps on the market. I was about to give up and not pick the suite up, because I was not even getting any good sound out of the amps. It took a while until I realized that I really, really had to crank the input side of AT4+ to even get a decent tone out of it (I still remember pushing about 15-20dB on top of my usual -9dBFS peaking recordings - the input meter definitely went into the reds). I then wanted to change to another amp, just to AB, and I had to basically revert everything or even pull things down.

If you are not a hardware collector, therefore know all quirks, odds and ends of the device in question, this is really frustrating. Think about those that never even touched a guitar amp in the first place. This doesn't really shine a positive light on certain amp packages.

This is my only other complaint with AT4+ on a technical level, aside from the sometimes way too small knobs for certain UI's. (if I ignore the Jazz Amp 120CFH from the Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, which sounds kinda meh compared to the Jazz Amp 120 from the CS)

Else, my other complaint is mainly to do with GearCredits, and the fact that you can't 1:1 convert JamPoints into them (this way I could actually use them ever so often rather than letting them waste away).

Oh and... I'm kinda sad that we old users weren't able to pick up the MESA Boogie from the last deal (new AT4 CS users get this amp for free). But oh well I have enough amps. :shrug:
Last edited by Compyfox on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I have to agree. Once I set up my D.I. level, that has to be the right reference for all amp models. Currently it doesn’t feel like that’s the case to me, either.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Yeah - this is really not doing some of the amp suites justice.

The "Slash suite" has to be pushed hard (AT4+ input), same goes for the Dimebag suite (especially if you want the Randall RG 100 to "scream" or a slight crunch with the Roland JC120 - unless you trust your distortion pedals - which I don't), while the Orange Suite needs a certain hotspot to not just be a muddy mess. The Fender Collection 1 actually works with a decent reference level, but the UIs for the bass amps are super small (I love the Bassman 300 PRO, but my gawd, the UI!).

So big FRs for AT5 (for me at least): reference level switch and target setup, followed by (hopefully) overhauling a lot of the UI's. Then do not leave out the CS users on day 1 (like it somewhat happened with AT4).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

JazzChoruses don’t crunch. Ever. They are super clean solid state amps.

AT needs a switch to select left/right/stereo as the input. Like every other amp sim on the market.

AT’s weak spot is the bottom end lacks bite.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Compyfox wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:59 am It took a while until I realized that I really, really had to crank the input side of AT4+ to even get a decent tone out of it (I still remember pushing about 15-20dB on top of my usual -9dBFS peaking recordings - the input meter definitely went into the reds). I then wanted to change to another amp, just to AB, and I had to basically revert everything or even pull things down.
^^ interesting tip. I will try that.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

You can do it nice and clean like Wall of sound.

*Computer (Show only the modules that user already owns) *Online (Show every module on sale on the Custom Shop)

If you don't want to do it in spite of what the majority of you customers tell you, you will just:
a)Depreciate your brand name even more and b) Lose more customers.

Your choice...

While we're comparing Amplitube with WOS... IR .wav loader, please? It sucks that I can't save presets with custom cabs and have to do it at DAW level. This could be done non-intrusively as an item in the post-FX rack (doubling as a convolution reverb!). Doesn't really require a major version number bump, but at a sensible price with a few reverb presets maybe people would be willing to pay for it in the Custom Shop.

imrae wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am While we're comparing Amplitube with WOS... IR .wav loader, please? It sucks that I can't save presets with custom cabs and have to do it at DAW level. This could be done non-intrusively as an item in the post-FX rack (doubling as a convolution reverb!). Doesn't really require a major version number bump, but at a sensible price with a few reverb presets maybe people would be willing to pay for it in the Custom Shop.
are you talking about AT4? of course you can save custom presets.

telecode wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:15 pm
imrae wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am While we're comparing Amplitube with WOS... IR .wav loader, please? It sucks that I can't save presets with custom cabs and have to do it at DAW level. This could be done non-intrusively as an item in the post-FX rack (doubling as a convolution reverb!). Doesn't really require a major version number bump, but at a sensible price with a few reverb presets maybe people would be willing to pay for it in the Custom Shop.
How do I save an external IR cabinet into an Amplitube preset?

imrae wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm
telecode wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:15 pm
How do I save an external IR cabinet into an Amplitube preset?
no. not that. i meant you have same custom presets in AT and have them show up in stand alone application as well as within DAW.

how do you load an IR into AT?

Return to “Guitars”