Xils 3 LE : The EMS VCS3 (Synthi) Emulation (On sale 9.9€)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 3 LE

There are some serious issues with feedback and the overload of the audio engine , resulting in a corrupted output , even reloading the plugin doesn't help , and it corrupts( (nasty digital noise ) the output of reloaded patches .
A simple example , osc 1 and 2 go into the ring mod , the ringmod goes into the filter and the filter to the output
To get feedback we also roue the filter back to the ringmod input , the result is a nasty digital clipping which corrputs the whole audio engine .
This is something that should be taken care off
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Can someone tell me where the user patches are stored ?
So they can fix this
Eyeball exchanging

Didn‘t your mother tell you that feedback is dangerous?
Especially if dc is involved. Analog systems have the same problem btw...
Standard cure is a highpass in the feedback loop...

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:14 pm .....
All in all I like the sound verry much , as most xils lab products , reason why I went for this one is because it's just a simple serial , I tend to avoid ilok and pace stuff .
I hope xils considers the serial nr. approach to some of their more expensive products ( which is the only reason why I haven't bought stixx )
When I created Oxium, I insisted that it would be serial protection only, to see if moving from ilok to serial (serial however with time bombs etc etc) would change something.

During Oxium release stage and shortly after, it seemed like the bet could be won, as Oxium had more sales than any other unit. Shortly after though, after Oxium was massively w..d, and on the long term, according to Xils, the sales went below the average sales of other -Ilok protected- plugs. So that in the end ... unfortunately, things were nearly identical. As a consequence, as my attempt didn't prove to be successful, StiX became an Ilok protected drum machine. (And did very very well as such)

So I can't have any valid position on this. Oxium is an original design of an analog synthesizer. It has musical features that no other other VA has (like the unique mask sequencers). But at the same time, beeing original, maybe it did not inherit of the aura of emulation of a glorious ancester. So maybe it's comparing apples to oranges.

Also, some people said here that they would not buy a xils synthesizer, even one of those that are serial protected, BECAUSE some other units are Ilok/elicencer protected. Of course this doesn't help Xils to be inclined to change anything.

it is also possible that Oxium is seen as a 'small/less pro' unit by XIls Ilok users (usually mostly pro/semi-pro/advanced users) because, precisely, it doesn't have Ilok.

And many other questions like this can arise. To all these questions, I admit I have no sure answers. I can't.

Then as usual, as much as i'm not a ilok/elicencer hardcore fan, I still prefer it to any clearly stated, or masked, C/R protection schemes, which I however also use, because I simply need the synths for my works. (Like NI or Roland for example to name the biggest ones) The only instruments I bought, with a steep price, and that I can't use/install anymore WERE C/R protected :shrug: The day the servers will be down, your plugs won't install anymore. This is unlikely to happen with Ilok or elicencer.(admitedly, less to much much less likely to happen)

But anyway, Xils 3 LE is serial protected, and 9.9€ at the moment ....
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 am Can someone tell me where the user patches are stored ?
So they can fix this
In the folder where you 1rst installed the Xils3 LE. (i.e the same than the factory presets).

Each preset is divided into two files. You'll see a gap between the last number of the factory presets, and the1rst number of the user presets.

Important : You can also 'export' any number of user patches in a consolidated file using the EXPORT function, found in the Preset Manager dedicated window (select them, then right click 'export'), of in the drop down preset menus. This will allow you to back up presets for a project, a live show, transmit them via misc. comps (PC/Mac), or transmit them to Xils for further analysis of possibles bug/problems ( Xils 3 LE can get more than 400 simultaneous 'connections' -equivalent of cables in standard modular synthesis- for a patch, it's therefore impossible to test every of the zillion patches that can be creeated with it, not counting that on the original units, some patches could quickly become erratic, nosiy, or just pure silence). Of course, this doesn't mean than bugs there are not, like in any synth. You could have found one, or more.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Yea, I already found out about the patch location , strange why they don't retain the user given preset name but rather 001,002 etc
I rarred both files and send them to the developer to get rid of the nasty feedback bug
I anyone is eager to try out
Load this patch , everything will play back normally
Then route the filter output back to the ringmod , the patch will become silent and every other loaded patch too
Now reload xils synth and the patch , result is feedback noise for this and every other patch ...this is one nasty bug ans it surprises me that it went so lng under the radar .

Edit : it seems that for some reason the preset can not be loaded ...strange

@ lotuzia , you didn't code oxium did you ?
I thought the main coder is Xavier Oudin ( ex arturia )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:01 pm Didn‘t your mother tell you that feedback is dangerous?
Especially if dc is involved. Analog systems have the same problem btw...
Standard cure is a highpass in the feedback loop...
Feedback works great if you know what you're doing , and especially in a digital system, the result can be horrible , but this is all about how the coder implemented safety issues ( a hard clipper could be one of them ) .
Feedback in my nord modular is fantastic , even for creating simple filters etc...
U-he bazille first betas also brought it to it's knees when doing feedback , but it got resolved after wards
The feedback in xils , or rather the outcome and corrputed patches is a different matter
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:09 pm Yea, I already found out about the patch location , strange why they don't retain the user given preset name but rather 001,002 etc
I rarred both files and send them to the developer to get rid of the nasty feedback bug
I anyone is eager to try out
Load this patch , everything will play back normally
Then route the filter output back to the ringmod , the patch will become silent and every other loaded patch too
Now reload xils synth and the patch , result is feedback noise for this and every other patch ...this is one nasty bug ans it surprises me that it went so lng under the radar .

Edit : it seems that for some reason the preset can not be loaded ...strange

@ lotuzia , you didn't code oxium did you ?
I thought the main coder is Xavier Oudin ( ex arturia )
Yes, Xavier made all the DSP code :tu: :tu: :tu:. A synthesizer is more though :)
Last edited by Lotuzia on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some additionnal Xils 3 LE demos. One sound at a time. Taken from the Xilssentials soundbank, ... which is also on sale on Xils-lab site.

Xilssentials 1
Xilssentials 2
Xilssentials 3
Xilssentials 4
Xilssentials 5

How much is the upgrade from LE to Xils 3?

I can't find the price. I'd like to know before I buy.

I made this track with XILS3 LE ...

https://youtu.be/v8GuZ2ZdnQs

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:54 pm I made this track with XILS3 LE ...

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://youtu.be/v8GuZ2ZdnQs</span>
Beautiful :clap: :clap: :clap:

TechM3X wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:44 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:54 pm I made this track with XILS3 LE ...

https://youtu.be/v8GuZ2ZdnQs
Beautiful :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you :)

I had no idea you had an interest in music making. Nice one. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:lol:

Return to “Instruments”