list of dirt cheap synths with some/little good quality

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

after buying iris 2 for 8 bucks and surprised by the amount of experimentation it is capable of i am thinking of collecting all these synths ... just for the lols and and my new love for experimental music(like Ryoji Ikeda) and old love of dark syhtwave.
conditions :
can be limited versions- having limitation of 4 voices instead of 32 or something like that
around 10 bucks
must be 64-bit(wish i could avoid this condition but cant)
can be seasonal price-like black friday or cyber monday
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

XILS 3 LE is currently on sale at 9,90 €

Hybrid 3 goes on sale once in a while as low as $1.

Babylon (haven't used it myself) is $13.80 at the moment.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can pick up cheap unregistered synths in the KVR market often. Anywhere from $10-$20 for Padshop Pro and Retrologue. (IBBoth are soft license now?) But if you like Iris, PSP2 is a definite must.
[AnalogLab Lite can be had around those same prices that will give about 500 presets from multiple synths, although they've increased their upgrade price to the full AL4 now.]
Sign up an account at AAS and download Swatches for some great free sounds. But be wary of the price gouging some are trying to sell the actual Sessions plugins and soundsets right now. The Session plugins shouldn't run you more than $10 for all 3 IMO. The last ones I had I even gave away.
For their soundsets I wouldn't pay more than $1-3 currently.
Last edited by BBFG# on Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

And be wary of anything requiring iLok or eLicense dongles, as that will increase your cost another $25.-$40.

Apratim wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:57 pmcan be limited versions- having limitation of 4 voices instead of 32 or something like that
Buy CM magazine issues: https://www.musicradar.com/computermusic

Etienne1973 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:10 pm
Apratim wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:57 pmcan be limited versions- having limitation of 4 voices instead of 32 or something like that
Buy CM magazine issues: https://www.musicradar.com/computermusic
damm that didnt strike me at all thanks

edit. do i still get to keep the software after i end my 3 month subscription
Last edited by Apratim on Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Kumi_27 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:10 pm XILS 3 LE is currently on sale at 9,90 €
ok nice i am listening

+1 for Computer Music magazine. Often overlooked, but there are some absolute gems for the price of one issue of the mag :D

u-he Bazille CM & Zebra CM, Cableguys Curve 2 CM, Dune CM are amazing...fantastic synths in their own right. More capable than many 'paid' synths. Loads more in there too - a no brainer if ever there was one :hihi:

Agreeing with everyone else here. Want to add Lynx - seriously overlooked, free, and with over a thousand presets. Also the stuff by 2getheraudio - everything is ten bucks I think. Personally I like their G8tor synth.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Soundspot Union is pretty good, I got it for 9$, it's currently at 49$: https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 5824-Union

Vember Audio Surge is awesome and free ... so are Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Nucleus and VCV Rack if you wanna get real experimental :)

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

CM! Phonec CM is a must have, besides from the ones already mentioned. What an insane collection of synths for only 5 bucks !

Return to “Instruments”