March Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm gonna have to re upload, managed to post a mono track. :dog:
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Valeta was quite pleasing to listen mountainmaster! How did you create the melody: with composition tools, or by modifying some existing melody, or by just fooling around with a kb or ...?

Thanks harvon! Actually I am a guitarist.
The first two themes are the result of fooling around the low E string in drone mode, which sounded like an old folk song. As I transferred it to the virtual realm I replaced the drone with something more melodic.
The middle section from 0:30 to 0:45 was done entirely in Cubase, adding and moving notes by ear while trying to avoid any dissonance in the counter melodies.
The closing section again originates from a guitar part but it used to be less dense and more quiet.

mountainmaster wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:35 pm Thanks harvon! Actually I am a guitarist.
The first two themes are the result of fooling around the low E string in drone mode, which sounded like an old folk song. As I transferred it to the virtual realm I replaced the drone with something more melodic.
The middle section from 0:30 to 0:45 was done entirely in Cubase, adding and moving notes by ear while trying to avoid any dissonance in the counter melodies.
The closing section again originates from a guitar part but it used to be less dense and more quiet.
Your songs so far have a good quality to them.
If you're not already, i think you should compose for tv or film. :tu:

I will someday take the midi of some popular song, complete with arrangement, and rewrite the melody and chords, probably change instruments too, otherwise leave it as its is. I'm curious, will it become unrecognisable.

Anyway I need a way to get better quality arrangements for my songs. When I rip FX and exotic synth sounds from songs in these monthly contests there often remains just some few notes or a simple melody.

Question: Two people who didn't enter the contest voted but didn't vote for everybody. Do their votes count?

Voters are required to vote for every submission (ex. Their own piece)
They should be invited to re-vote perhaps
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:41 pm Question: Two people who didn't enter the contest voted but didn't vote for everybody. Do their votes count?
adjs does :hihi:

can you believe its us 2 of all the people here??? :o
bloody legends we are!!! :cry:

maybe they think theyre supposed to pick 7 as others have? not realising the reason others are only choosing 7?

nvm
Last edited by wagtunes on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:55 pm maybe they think theyre supposed to pick 7 as others have? not realising the reason others are only choosing 7?
Yeah, well you know what? It would help if they read the rules.

Oh wait, people don't know how to read in the 21st century.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:56 pm
Mister Natural wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:50 pm Voters are required to vote for every submission (ex. Their own piece)
They should be invited to re-vote perhaps
Well then the contest organizer should message them or something.

I'll just be glad when this one is over and I can put all of these behind me. I've got better things to do with my time than waste it here.
wish i did, prison is shit :cry:

Note to:
Deva Randeep Sing
adj

Please give points to everybody who sent music to the contest. Your votes are currently incomplete and will be disqualified by Hellfog.

The Eurovision Song Contest 2020 was canceled, but no coronavirus can cancel what happens in the net. In this contest the quality of music compares well with the ESC songs but the variety of styles is here bigger.

So the first 5 in my vote belong to song category and then follows the music for movies category. Perhaps I should have interleaved the categories in the vote ...

Some impressions: I wondered how Leonard Cohen would have treated the 'Life is what you make of it' by Mr Natural. Hellfog's 'Subliminal Perception Alternate Connection' would play well in the background of a psychedelic trip scene and vurt's 'bfg' is fit for a hide and seek and fear for your life passage.

Ok have PM Deva Randeep Sing and adj about the missing vote.

Return to “Music Cafe”