March Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:

nvm
Last edited by wagtunes on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:53 pm And another vote just came in where I'm close to the bottom. LMAO.

Sorry, but I am finding this laugably amusing.
wags, currently my mother is 3 miles away, my gf, shes 8 miles away and worst of all, my son and granddaughter are 40 miles away. and due to lockdown, i dont know when im going to see any of them again.

so please forgive me when i say, get some perspective man, its just a shitty contest that means absolutely nothing.
enter/dont enter, it doesnt matter. nothing here does. get a grip.

and at the minute, ill be honest, im not handling it very well. id prefer you didnt push it, because i consider you a friend, but i dont think youd like the explosion.

nvm
Last edited by wagtunes on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

you are correct of course :(
we are all in this together.
im just finding the total solitude hard after 3 weeks, im sorry.

i wasnt saying dont comment, just dont focus on it, some people liked your piece, others didnt. theres no science here, we are not professional judges with a scorecard marking points for various aspects...
we listen, we like. thats it.

but, its not my place to tell you how to feel, again, im sorry.

suppose id be better served sleeping/pretending to sleep.

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:54 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:41 pm Question: Two people who didn't enter the contest voted but didn't vote for everybody. Do their votes count?
adjs does :hihi:

can you believe its us 2 of all the people here??? :o
bloody legends we are!!! :cry:
Me always a fockup :hihi:

harvon wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:14 pm ... I wondered how Leonard Cohen would have treated the 'Life is what you make of it' by Mr Natural...
both Cohen & I wish we could have recorded something as wonderful as the original complete with mellotron https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3VqAsMXE7o
peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:02 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:53 pm And another vote just came in where I'm close to the bottom. LMAO.
Sorry, but I am finding this laugably amusing.
...contest that means absolutely nothing.
enter/dont enter, it doesnt matter. nothing here does. get a grip.
this happens everytime with Wags fellas - he gets pissy for not winning & threatens to never enter a song here again. I'll say it again then :
OK - bye
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

It’s really nothing to do with how good or bad someone thinks an entry is; it’s how your entry compares to other entries.

Even a good song might not do well if the other entries that month appeal more to an individual’s personal taste. Just look at how varied this month’s voting it is - no one’s entry is consistently good or bad.

So it is.

But I wonder what makes a song good when we remove the personal taste.

harvon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:45 pm So it is.

But I wonder what makes a song good when we remove the personal taste.
well then we have to follow certain criteria for a given "idea" ie a good punk song will not be the same as a good funk song.
then, you can have two equally good punk songs, that sound completely different, same with funk.
so then we are left with a quandary, can we prefer one to the other personally, if the subjective criteria are equal?

at the end of the day, its a bit of fun, not something that needs any overthinking. its just music.

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 pm at the end of the day, its a bit of fun, not something that needs any overthinking. its just music.
True dat. All I ever do is listen through all of them once or twice as they're posted, then rank them all after one final listen to them all back to back.

It's just how I feel about each one on that final listen, and I don't agonize over the decision.

same, although this month, mountain master, although i liked his track more than others, there was no reference to any sci fi.
otherwise things would have been different.

the sci fi bit was important to me as a nerd :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”