Hi All. Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Into the Abyss
(100% iPhone/GarageBand)

https://soundcloud.com/michaeltaylorsmu ... he-abyss-1
Last edited by Scanloni on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Pleased to meet you
Hope to guess your name
But what's puzzling me
Is the nature of your game

:D Luv It, sep fer maybe the beatbox snare. Nice work.

Interesting tune. Big issues in the low-end, however, are really destroying the overall mix.

Very nice work, I like the atmosphere as well as the overall sound! :clap:

Awesome wall of sound! I love it. Darkness is your friend. :love:

Pretty cool! 👍🏼

I’m not a fan of that snare. It stands out too much and is too simplistic for the surrounding sounds.

I’d also remove the sound effects/ambient noises from the first two choruses and try to fix the compression pumping going on throughout.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Thanks for the kind words and constructive criticism everyone. Some excellent input. No question the mix could be better (seemingly always can), and the snare appears to be problematic. Thanks again!

bassg wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 pm Very nice work, I like the atmosphere as well as the overall sound! :clap:
This, but mixing.. Words can't describe what I'm thinking :oops:

Maybe practicing that next?

Distorted Horizon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:45 pm
bassg wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 pm Very nice work, I like the atmosphere as well as the overall sound! :clap:
This, but mixing.. Words can't describe what I'm thinking :oops:

Maybe practicing that next?
Thanks. I produced that track well over a year ago, and after much learning and better awareness I believe my mixing techniques have improved since then. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if I still have the master project file for Abyss, but would be a fun challenge to go back and remix. There’s a lot of atmospheric stuff going on in that song, maybe too much. My tracks are all produced 100% on iPhone/GarageBand by the way. Not intended to be an excuse for a bad mix, just not sure if perhaps my mixing capabilities are somewhat limited when compared to what others are using.
Last edited by Scanloni on Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Scanloni wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:39 pm Into the Abyss

Sorry I was a dick before. Welcome to the forum. Musically interesting. I won't comment on the mix as what needed to be said about it has been said by others.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:59 pm
Scanloni wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:39 pm Into the Abyss

Sorry I was a dick before. Welcome to the forum. Musically interesting. I won't comment on the mix as what needed to be said about it has been said by others.
Thanks, happy to be here! ☮️

Return to “Music Cafe”