[FREE] Filterstep by Audiomodern (iOS, VST/AU/AAX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Filterstep is a modern motion filter plugin which provides a great deal of potential for all kinds of intricate rhythmic movement.

It can give you incredibly complex and nuanced results based on various filter effect settings, and almost infinite possibilities for sonic exploration and movement randomization.
https://audiomodern.com/shop/plugins/filterstep/

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Real nice freebie :party:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Very nice GUI, thank you AUdiomodern

Yay
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

looks great. Audiomodern have an excellent interface design going with Riffer and now this. Clear and simple to use but incredibly powerful (at least Riffer is - I have not had a play with Filterstep yet but the video has me thinking this will get a lot of use)

Thanks for the heads up antic604 :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Appears that the phone home "analytics" function of this plugin is poorly implemented. :scared: I can see in the problem report that the JUCE Message Thread is crashing with a Segmentation Fault.

Crashed REAPER on my Mac until I explicitly blocked connections to www.google-analytics.l.google.com:443 with Little Snitch. Suggest AudioModern take a closer look at their code. Easy to duplicate the bug ... will crash Kushview Element in standalone mode every time I try to open the plugin. I do not know if Little Snitch is a part of the equation, but I was also able to hang Element (requiring a force quit) by first disabling networking and then opening Filterstep.

A call-out to Google Analytics should not be crashing my DAWs.

kidslow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:14 am Appears that the phone home "analytics" function of this plugin is poorly implemented. :scared: I can see in the problem report that the JUCE Message Thread is crashing with a Segmentation Fault.

Crashed REAPER on my Mac until I explicitly blocked connections to www.google-analytics.l.google.com:443 with Little Snitch. Suggest AudioModern take a closer look at their code. Easy to duplicate the bug ... will crash Kushview Element in standalone mode every time I try to open the plugin. I do not know if Little Snitch is a part of the equation, but I was also able to hang Element (requiring a force quit) by first disabling networking and then opening Filterstep.

bummer, but no probs here on Reaper and win10 so far

I was able to get it to launch in Reaper consistently without creashing. Noticed this under Requirements ... so maybe that call out to Google Analytics is part of the activation process.
Reliable internet connection for download delivery and product activation

Just downloaded. Gonna give it a spin
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Any opinions on how this compares to the one already present in Logic (from the former developer “Camel Audio”)?

I like that this is cross-platform, since most iOS AU3 plugins aren’t available on Mac OS, but I already have a similar tool native to Logic.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Don't know what this for. The filter doesnt sound good. Sorry but a bit of pointless plugin.
rabbit in a hole

Looks delicious, cheers.

kidslow wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:14 am Appears that the phone home "analytics" function of this plugin is poorly implemented. :scared: I can see in the problem report that the JUCE Message Thread is crashing with a Segmentation Fault.

Unusable here in Reaper 6 on Catalina, hard crashes upon opening.

Return to “Effects”