Best Advice Given?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"A gentleman takes his weight on his elbows."
- anon.

just do it!

oi! stop it!

depending on the situation.

oh and "dont eat that. dont know how long its been in there."

When you feel like an element is 90% there, it's probably done. Stop endlessly fiddling with it (or take a hard line and render it to audio) then move on to another element. You'll be more productive and the chances are you'll forget what that missing 10% even sounded like in the first place. Things come together more easily when you know exactly what you're working with. It's hard to build something when the materials keep changing shape.

I love the advice to dial in the amount of effect (reverb, distortion, etc) you think you should use, then back off a little from there.

Spend time getting it right when you first record it, or you'll end up spending more time later trying to fix it.

From a poster: The only way to finish is to start.

Forgotten wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:56 pm Spend time getting it right when you first record it, or you'll end up spending more time later trying to fix it.
Great advice. I'm constantly amazed by how many people think they can "fix it in the mix" rather than playing it right. :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:14 pm
Forgotten wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:56 pm Spend time getting it right when you first record it, or you'll end up spending more time later trying to fix it.
Great advice. I'm constantly amazed by how many people think they can "fix it in the mix" rather than playing it right. :)
Got that advice from Johnny Gordon, the original bass player with Johnny Kidd and the Pirates.

if in doubt, whip it out

do not mix up

roadies and groupies.

:o

Always check your mix in mono.

See your doctor. Make you you don't have mono.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:29 pm See your doctor. Make you you don't have mono.
can pandas get mono?

and its "cure you yous mono" :)

:lol: :dog:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Production Techniques”