Medieval Abbey - Orchestra/Choir + Animation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've re-created a local abbey (Greyfriars Abbey of Viborg, Denmark).
For this project I composed a short soundtrack.

If you count the time spent on animation, composition and orchestration - combined, its roughly a year spent on the entire project.

What are your thoughts on this animation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54gGOcjQt0

Looks good. Sounds good. One year? Wow! I could not be that dedicated for one piece of music.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:49 pm Looks good. Sounds good. One year? Wow! I could not be that dedicated for one piece of music.
Thanks.

The entire project - from gathering and studying the history to the modeling, animation took a year, and - finally - the soundtrack composition. I had to compose several soundtracks to know which one would work.

Very good. Atmospheric choirs. Animation was good too.
Although graphics could be with some texturing and "weathering". I realise though that it would take a much longer time to render that.

Bansaw wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:01 pm Very good. Atmospheric choirs. Animation was good too.
Although graphics could be with some texturing and "weathering". I realise though that it would take a much longer time to render that.
The animation was rendered in Eevee to speed up the rendering.
Eevee is a realtime game-like render engine, which has its limitations.

Thanks for the critique/feedback. Always good to know what works, and what could be improved in future projects.

Return to “Music Cafe”