Contest: April Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:56 pm bit long ...

https://youtu.be/ybGOT4d2Hs8
A classic

Got some riffage. Heavier than vurt's wallet after no weed for months. The Variax in the baritone stylee.

Was practicing my metel widdling over the weekend, but also got some good sinthesiser sounds going, so might go for an industrial metel stylee myself.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:47 pm Got some riffage. Heavier than vurt's wallet after no weed for months. The Variax in the baritone stylee.
that's both hilarious and not at all funny at the same time :neutral:

schroedingers pun.

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:47 pm Got some riffage. Heavier than vurt's wallet after no weed for months. The Variax in the baritone stylee.
The dichotomy of the metel for you.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:18 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm
The dichotomy of the metel for you.
it is the most dichotomous of all the genre and ilks.

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:20 pm dichotomous
Sounds like a Black Metal band.

Having spent 3 weeks in isolation (with better half & kids, lucky me), I definitely feel the need to activate myself by joining the comp this month, but with no privacy it's going to be difficult. Among other things I think familiy and neighbours will have me sectioned if I start practising BM style growling or other metäl vocal styles. So the only thing I've got round to doing is research. I am now capable of distinguishing grindcore, death metal and thrash (I think). Since I have Scandinavian ties I feel an obligation to go for Black Metal, but the whole shtick is just too silly. Sludge appeals more. Voivod type psych/prog metal or other crossover type styles are something I might actually listen to, but I'm probably not techinically capable of replicating that sort of thing. If all else fails, I'll go for a minimalist grindcore outburst. Napalm Death apparently issued a single with a 1 second track.

skipscada wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 am if I start practising BM style growling or other metäl vocal styles.
Black metal vocals aren’t really growled, they’re more shrieked than anything else, especially Scandinavian BM
Last edited by Forgotten on Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forgotten wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:08 pm
skipscada wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 am if I start practising BM style growling or other metäl vocal styles.
Black metal vocals are really growled, they’re more shrieked than anything else, especially Scandinavian BM
I'm sure you're right, but I don't think my neighbours and family will appreciate shrieking any more than growling. :hihi:

skipscada wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 am Napalm Death apparently issued a single with a 1 second track.
the live version of which i posted on the previous page. also included the lyrics :hihi:

(pretty sure i was at the gig in the video)

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:55 pm
skipscada wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 am Napalm Death apparently issued a single with a 1 second track.
the live version of which i posted on the previous page. also included the lyrics :hihi:

(pretty sure i was at the gig in the video)
:dog:

Sleeping in class. Again.

Treid to listen to it, but out of the blue my audio interface called it a day. Yay. Not ideal in the circumstances (or ever, really).

in my teens, i favoured carcass over napalm death. although i enjoyed both, napalm death where a bit militant political compared to carcass singing about graverobbing and rotting cocks

though of course, the mighty "boltthrower" took the mantle of gods of the grind!
for singing about warhammer and the kaoss gods :hihi:

woooooooooooorld eater!!! :band2:

Bolt Thrower were great, especially the Earache albums

back when anathema where spotty ginger scouse kids we used to laugh at, they showed us :o
nah, they where mates, wasnt easy being in to death and metal in general back then, getting beat down by gangs of scallys. so we stuck together :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”