Announcing "NCAR" Virtual Sidecar/Summing Mixer - Analog Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnalogObsession wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:19 pm Hey all!

Just reached first goal on Patreon!

Download is ready!

Please, check first post.

Thanks to everyone!
Looking forward to trying :tu:

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

@Tunca

Is the internal processing -18dbfs or can his somehow be adjusted?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:13 pm @Tunca

Is the internal processing -18dbfs or can his somehow be adjusted?
Yes, calibrated to -18dbfs. No adjusting.
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:02 pm
AnalogObsession wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:13 pmIt's like using one 8 channel sidecar mixer (different color) with your main "big" console.

Possible to route your tracks into individual strips and sum all of them. Also, EQing...
I can do that in my DAW's mixer though?
Yes, absolutely you can, and your DAW will do it with full 64bit or 80bit precision and give you a perfectly summed signal.

As I understand it, this plugin does the summing but, like a hardware summing box, it's not 100% pristine and perfect. Each channel has a preamp before the eq, and then there is a summing amp which does "magic" when it sums the channels together at the end. Plus, you can drive each channel a little bit which is nice.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

AnalogObsession wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:53 am
AU can handle only 3 stereo tracks for 5.1 mixing. With 7 or more, DAW is crashing which one use AU.

It's too bad for VST3 and AU users. I'm sorry about that...
well at least in logic with Uhbik you can get 8 inputs. (7.1)

or use the same method as iZotope uses for their visual mixer

Thanks! This looks really cool. I've had a look at it in Ableton Live and ran into a couple of issues.

Input tracks 1+2 show up as "Track In" and seem to default to the first effects send track. If I try to route a track to 1+2 I get no audio. So the first pair of tracks can't be used.

The second issue is possibly an issue with Live 9, but only the first 4 input channels show up. All 8 show up in Live 10. Coupled with the tracks 1+2 issue this means I can only use 3 stereo channels in Live 9.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:32 pm Thanks! This looks really cool. I've had a look at it in Ableton Live and ran into a couple of issues.

Input tracks 1+2 show up as "Track In" and seem to default to the first effects send track. If I try to route a track to 1+2 I get no audio. So the first pair of tracks can't be used.

The second issue is possibly an issue with Live 9, but only the first 4 input channels show up. All 8 show up in Live 10. Coupled with the tracks 1+2 issue this means I can only use 3 stereo channels in Live 9.
Hi,

In Live, to set channel 1-2, you should set your NCAR's track monitor option to "In".

Live 9 has no routing capabilities like Live 9.

Thanks.
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Thanks. That fixed it!

I still had Monitor on the track with NCAR set to Auto. Switching it to In got audio flowing into Tracks 1+2.

I guess the way multiple channels of audio get routed in Live means that subsequent channels can still be heard even if Monitor is set to Auto. That's what was throwing me off.
Image Image Image Image

I am using this a lot since yesterday and must say that I absolutely love this plug in!

Thanks for this Mister Tunca!

Mr. Spock wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:34 pm I am using this a lot since yesterday and must say that I absolutely love this plug in!

Thanks for this Mister Tunca!
You're welcome, Mister!

Enjoy!

UPDATE ALERT!

Version 1.1 ready to download!

- Added clickable logo as Global Bypass

Note;

Do not replace version 1.0 with 1.1 if you already have project. Otherwise, it will not remember previous setting. Please, finish your project. first.

Would love to get this up and running in the latest mac m1 Monterey!

Return to “Effects”