Free Pultec-style, germanium-based EQ and preamp.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

My first taught when I saw the GUI was "this is probably some CPU hog" and than I saw Acustica logo and have no further doubts.

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:15 pm My first taught when I saw the GUI was "this is probably some CPU hog" and than I saw Acustica logo and have no further doubts.
And you're probably wrong, it isn't too resource heavy. There are assumptions and there is facts.
No much more than algorithmic plugins if any.

Acustica are improving constantly their products.

Also, Reaper blows away other DAWs when it comes to running these type of plugins. YMMV.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Every time he made a change in that video, you can hear crackles caused by CPU overload... You have any numbers to prove that or just thinking out loud like me?

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:27 pm Every time he made a change in that video, you can hear crackles caused by CPU overload... You have any numbers to prove that or just thinking out loud like me?
My DAW is open with this plug-in loaded, I wouldn't have made the above statement otherwise.
Pun2.png

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:34 pm My DAW is open with this plug-in loaded, I wouldn't have made the above statement otherwise.
Pun2.png
You compared it to other algorithmic plugins and now for the proof of that you show me your DAW usage with one instance in idle? Actually even in idle it consumes your resources...

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:39 pm You compared it to other algorithmic plugins and now for the proof of that you show me your DAW usage with one instance in idle? Actually even in idle it consumes your resources...
It's a free offering, take it or leave, it will vary machine to machine, DAW to DAW.
pun3.png

Hang on - a simple* little three-band EQ using about as much CPU as a stereo-instance of Mjuc in HQ mode? :-o

;-)

*"Pre" is switched off in your screenshot above :!:
Last edited by jens on Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

@Passing Bye
The Noodlist is trying to offer proof of how his plug actually performs.
You're offering no proof at all.
I remember when AA first came out, there was discussion here about CPU issues.
But that was a long time ago in plug-in years.
I'd like to see current proof of your claim, so a fair assessment can be made.
Fair comment?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:03 pm @Passing Bye
And he did indeed, did he not?

I think he delivered ample evidence that it is indeed a CPU-hog, as per the reasonable expectation.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:55 pm It's a free offering, take it or leave, it will vary machine to machine, DAW to DAW.
That's a straw man, let's recap, I made a remark about CPU, you started defending CPU usage and failed providing any evidence to back up your words and than resort to that, what an waste of human interaction, so it's a hog and you are somehow offended by that and have a need to defend it. :tu:

You're offering no proof at all.
I remember when AA first came out, there was discussion here about CPU issues.
But that was a long time ago in plug-in years.
I'd like to see current proof of your claim, so a fair assessment can be made.
Fair comment?
Read everything again, I made remark about CPU, he compared it favorably to algorithmic plugins, I asked for evidence of that claim, he provided no such an evidence, but the proof that thing is actually CPU hog, comparing it to another known CPU hog, all there is to this.

jens wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:06 pm
And he did indeed, did he not?

I think he delivered ample evidence that it is indeed a CPU-hog, as per the reasonable expectation.
Exactly.

But still no proof to base your assumptions?
Just accusing him is all you're doing.
Is this fair?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

The Noodlist was kind enough to do that for us so it's a moot point. The horse is dead by now, so you may as well stop beating it.

Return to “Effects”