/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

metalifuxx wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:01 pm Yeah, I'm familiar with the cheap plastic SoundTank line of pedal/enclosure if that's anything to go by.
To be honest, SoundTanks seemed to be able to take a bit more beating before they crapped out. Of course then they fell apart completely. At least ToneLoks have only that switch problem. The rest feels like a tank.
metalifuxx wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:01 pm I have a few analog delays (Boss DM-3, Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail, DOD Rubberneck) and a digital (TC Nova Repeater RPT-1), and the vintage DM-3 always stays on the board, and has that dark spacey reverb wash on the repeats kind of like the DE7 but they trail off and fade too soon compared to the DE7.
I don't know much about DM-3, only that people praise it a lot, so, I'm afraid that I cannot compare them much. Long ago I read somewhere that they are quite similar, though without any closer specification as was yours. Here you can listen to some "wall of sound examples" of the original box in action (just a TurboRat -> DE7 set to oscillate -> "crunchy" Tech21 Leeds ampsim).
metalifuxx wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:01 pm That would be awesome if you tried to model a reverse delay pedal like the Danelectro Back Talk or Digitech Obscura reverse delay mode.
Sadly, I don't know those two models, but yeah, reverse mode is something that I thought of, too. It will be a challenge, because I heard only reverse mode in Alesis Microverb III and some Boss delay. Currently I'm working on something else, but I will most probably (at least try if and) what I can come up with.

Imho, the place where Ibanez were amazing are modulation : their chorus, flanger and phasers are really great.
The 9 series has very nice modulations (well, the whole 9 serie is supposed to be wonderful), but all the Ibanez chorus from the 70s to the 00s i played with were really good. They're smooth, both clean and warm.
I have yet to try the ToneLok serie, but i often read good things about it.
Thank you O7O for your creations !

sinkmusic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:23 pm Imho, the place where Ibanez were amazing are modulation : their chorus, flanger and phasers are really great.
The 9 series has very nice modulations (well, the whole 9 serie is supposed to be wonderful), but all the Ibanez chorus from the 70s to the 00s i played with were really good. They're smooth, both clean and warm.
Definitely - what can I say - I have the BCL bi-chorus. But I won't say more :) (maybe only :crossed_fingers:) :wink:
sinkmusic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:23 pm Thank you O7O for your creations !
You're more than welcome :tu:

8)
The 505 chorus is great too, as is the SC10 (Super Chorus).
The Bi stage phaser is also good.
And the UE400/405
and...
and...
:lol:

sinkmusic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:36 pm 8)
The 505 chorus is great too, as is the SC10 (Super Chorus).
The Bi stage phaser is also good.
And the UE400/405
and...
and...
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Apropos Ibanez modulation effects and the reason why I didn't want to say more - https://senderspike.wordpress.com/2020/ ... er-modul8/ Have fun ;)

Thanks Mr. Sender Spike :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

O7O wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:32 pm Apropos Ibanez modulation effects and the reason why I didn't want to say more - https://senderspike.wordpress.com/2020/ ... er-modul8/ Have fun ;)
Sweet! :hail:

Interesting, thank you !
(it's been a while since i played with a GUI-less plugin :)

Halonmusic wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:59 pm Thanks Mr. Sender Spike :)
You're welcome my friend :)
Russell Grand wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:37 pm Sweet! :hail:
:hyper: :tu:
sinkmusic wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:02 pm Interesting, thank you !
(it's been a while since i played with a GUI-less plugin :)
Thanks and enjoy :)

This sounds great but it crashed my reaper a few times. Haven't had time to look into why

functionform wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:48 pm This sounds great but it crashed my reaper a few times. Haven't had time to look into why
OK, when you investigate it further pls. let me know more. Last plugin I tested with Reaper (6.03 x64) was D7 and I didn't experience any major problems of such kind. Alas, my Reaper trial run out a few days ago, so I'm afraid I will not investigate any further into this on my own.

O7O wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:46 pm Alas, my Reaper trial run out a few days ago, so I'm afraid I will not investigate any further into this on my own.
But you can download temporary license from their site, which is valid till July 1st :wink:

I tried without any issue in Reaper (6.08, 64bit).

Jopmanajop wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:07 pm But you can download temporary license from their site, which is valid till July 1st :wink:
Yeah, I heard about that offer. Somehow, I'm not thrilled by the prospect that in three months I'll be Reaper-wise exactly where I'm now, as I certainly don't plan to buy Reaper just to test plug-ins (other DAW needs I have covered in abundance).

Return to “Effects”