Sample Modeling vs Audio Modeling strings?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ben H wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:29 am The Audio Modeling (SWAM) Strings are entirely physically modeled. They use NO sampling whatsoever. The Winds and Saxes use a hybrid approach, but NOT the Strings, which are powered by a different engine.
Thanks for clearing it up.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Hey people, I was wondering if anybody did a comparison regarding the performance. Unfortunately it is not quite possible to test SM strings, before buying. At the moment I own SM Brass and SWAM The Viola. Did anybody can tell me how the performance (how CPU intense is it?) of SM Strings is compared to SM Brass or SWAM The Viola?

Thanks in advance! :)
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I j ust got a reply by Sample Modeling in their forums:

https://vanilla.samplemodeling.com/disc ... ment_45375
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Can anyone tell me whether either AM or SM interfaces are scaleable? Can't find a demo.

AM uses their SWAM engine plugin, which is a dedicated plugin. I cannot find a scale option.

SM is just a Kontakt instrument, thus not scaleable.

Tagirijus.de

Tagirijus wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:17 am AM uses their SWAM engine plugin, which is a dedicated plugin. I cannot find a scale option.

SM is just a Kontakt instrument, thus not scaleable.
Are the AM plugins usable on a 4k screen?

If you do not like small GUIs, I doubt it, but I do not know it. I am on full HD "only". ;)

Tagirijus.de

SM is not scalable because it’s kontakt of course. AM old interfaces are not scalable but they are redoing them over the next few months. If you look at their new brass instruments you will see the new guis that are applied to the instruments soon. And these are scalable. They posted a timeline somewhere about this.

metaside wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:55 pm
Ploki wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:00 pm I have MPE, but i was under the impression that both are part samples part models.
The modelled instruments I bought are like 6MB each, so I think that stuff is not really sample-based in a traditional sense.
Why did you edit a 2y old comment :D

Ploki wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:26 pm Why did you edit a 2y old comment :D
I noticed that all the products I bought from a company I wrote a lot of positive comments about over the last few years are now tagged as "discontinued" in my account and decided I do not want to provide free advertisement for that company.

Why do you care?
And how did you even notice that? :D
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

metaside wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:41 pm
Ploki wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:26 pm Why did you edit a 2y old comment :D
I noticed that all the products I bought from a company I wrote a lot of positive comments about over the last few years are now tagged as "discontinued" in my account and decided I do not want to provide free advertisement for that company.

Why do you care?
And how did you even notice that? :D
You quoted me in that post and i got a notification :D

Ploki wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:09 pm You quoted me in that post and i got a notification :D
Ahh I didn't know people get notified here for edits :lol:
Well, good talking to you again, last two years went by too fast :party:

Return to “Instruments”