Is there a "virtual piano keyboard" that will light up the right notes as I play them ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking to do a video tutorial and would like a virtual keyboard to appear on screen.

The keys I press on my piano keyboard, I'd like them to light up on the virtual keyboard on screen as I do that ... and maybe even show note names and chord names...
Is there a plugin that would do this ?

("Insert Piz here" chord analyzer doesn't quite do it for me, the window is far too small for example.)

Anyone know what this software is?
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

Logic pro X has a good chord analyzer dead top center of the arrangement window. You can use a screen recording software like OBS if you'd like to record the display of the changes of chords within logic, but if you're buying logic JUST for that, then it is not worth it. It could be a good investment if you have a mac and plan to make music in the future though, or even sync your video/audio components.

the rest, i'm not too sure of. sorry, just thought i'd contribute something.

There are a lot of iPad apps that will do this

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Probably Synthesia (https://synthesiagame.com/). 

there are no wrong notes

I think the Synthesia standalone does this for midi files.
https://synthesiagame.com/

AKJ wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:22 pm there are no wrong notes
This is like saying there are no wrong words, tho in reality much needs to be censored to avoid ugly reactions!

Zookes wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:43 am
AKJ wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:22 pm there are no wrong notes
This is like saying there are no wrong words, tho in reality much needs to be censored to avoid ugly reactions!
So you are pro censorship? I am completely against censorship be in speech or music!

you are perfectly allowed to spend money on it, and to express what ever your play, but we don't have to support it. have fun.

also, Peter Gabriel made this topic famous when he showed off his "shed of dreams". he has a cheap plastic light up keyboard at the center for just such a reason.

there is a newish ROLI keyboard I presume is made for that

Return to “Effects”