Anyone got Denis Punisher Tape saturation yet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I saw Pluginboutique offers Denise Audio Punisher for free with any purchase.

The product video looks good but not sure I really need it.

Has anybody pulled the trigger and has some opinion?

https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1592

No, but later this month I will buy XenoVerb, so I'll add it for free in cart. I already read, that Denise will release "full" version called "God Mode"...
yzcoruhT

Yeah got it for free with a purchase. Wouldn't have spend money on it, as it sounds terrible. Not worth it imo. Doesn't sound like tape at all, sounds pretty harsh. There are tons of free distortions out there that sound way better and have more options.
More BPM please

LOL, wish I would have read this 40min ago. Bought something for less than 5$ earlier and I agree. The saturation sounds crappy.

It is comparable to Softube's Saturation Knob. There is the "Punish" knob, which determines how much harmonic content is added/enhanced. There is an EQ with five shapes as settings--no adjusting the cutoff (Softube's only has three settings). There is a makeup knob. That's it. I do think Softube's sounds better--I compared them on bass, kicks, guitar. I wouldn't call Punisher crappy.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

imho it sounds terrible and it features extreme aliasing, therefore: -> trash

I got it and uninstalled it after approximately 2 minutes. Not worth it at all.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:26 pm It is comparable to Softube's Saturation Knob. There is the "Punish" knob, which determines how much harmonic content is added/enhanced. There is an EQ with five shapes as settings--no adjusting the cutoff (Softube's only has three settings). There is a makeup knob. That's it. I do think Softube's sounds better--I compared them on bass, kicks, guitar. I wouldn't call Punisher crappy.
saturation knob sounds way better.

Mr. Spock wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:18 pm saturation knob sounds way better.
Depends on what you are putting it on.

I demod it. I uninstalled it.

Saturation Knob is awesome. And it's free.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Sure, but some loathe ilok. I don't mean to tout Punisher. I won't use it. But as a throw in, somebody might like it.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:29 pmSure, but some loathe ilok.
I remember using Saturation Knob two years ago and not having Ilok.
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:29 pmSure, but some loathe ilok. But as a throw in, somebody might like it.
The good thing about Saturation Knob is that it is really free, not like Denise audio who sent out a newsletter yesterday, claiming in the header that they released a free plugin, to discover in the last sentence of their newsletter that it is in fact "thrown in... if you buy something else". I must say it is the shadiest newsletter i have ever read :scared:

sinkmusic wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:07 pm The good thing about Saturation Knob is that it is really free, not like Denise audio who sent out a newsletter yesterday, claiming in the header that they released a free plugin, to discover in the last sentence of their newsletter that it is in fact "thrown in... if you buy something else". I must say it is the shadiest newsletter i have ever read :scared:
So it wasn't just me who thought it was a pretty low blow then?!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

So it wasn't just me who thought it was a pretty low blow then?!
No. At first, I didn't want to reply as i don't like to spread bad vibes against developers, but really, i thought it was really weird, and not good.

I mean, i have really nothing against payware plugins, i don't have anything about bundles or "buy one get one free", but sending a newsletter claiming that a plugin is free to download when in fact it is not, it's just plain shady to me (Well, it's obviously not a big deal, but they could have just sent a newsletter about "Punisher free with any purchase" instead of "Punisher is free to download"...):borg:

Imho, the world is full of generous developers giving away nice plugins for free, and also full of developers just doing their job and trying to make a living out of it. I think I can live fine by staying away from greedy people trying to blur a gray line and fooling their customers.

sinkmusic wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:07 pm I remember using Saturation Knob two years ago and not having Ilok
It has been a while since I got it, but the Softube site still lists ilok as a requirement.

Return to “Effects”