Are Waves SSL 4000 plugs Good for Trance Mixing/Mastering?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:50 pm BTW, main advantage of channel strips like that is you have to really listen, because there's very little graphical feedback. It's very easy to avoid making certain EQ moves in EQ8 or Pro-Q3 because they "look wrong", which is not a problem with knob-based EQs.
Good point, that's why I think DMG's Equilibrium is hitting the sweet spot, you can remove all visual feedback and set it up how ever you feel is best, plus it's emulating plenty of other EQ's.

Passing Bye wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 pm Good point, that's why I think DMG's Equilibrium is hitting the sweet spot, you can remove all visual feedback and set it up how ever you feel is best, plus it's emulating plenty of other EQ's.
That's neat actually. TrackComp does the same right

Ploki wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:38 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:31 pm Good point, that's why I think DMG's Equilibrium is hitting the sweet spot, you can remove all visual feedback and set it up how ever you feel is best, plus it's emulating plenty of other EQ's.
That's neat actually. TrackComp does the same right
Exactly, good spot, capable top quality compressor that begs you to use your ears, DMG's on the roll. :tu:

I really should be on my toes for DMG sales :)

To the OP, take this advice with grain of salt, but results are most important and if you are just starting out and learning, better stick with something you can really learn and put it in good use, something that isn't too complicated, but still capable enough.

DMG Equilibrium + DMG TrackComp2 + FabFilter Saturn is IMO all compressor's, eq's and character you need for trance and for a while, when you master those tools, than you will be able to to hear and appreciate other stuff out there for what they really are and know for sure do you really need anything more and what are you really getting for your money.

Ploki wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:40 pm I really should be on my toes for DMG sales :)
:D Stop it you, you have enough of goodies... :help: maybe if they give you good price on bundle :hihi:

You could even get the free versions of tokyo dawn labs' slickeq, kotelnikov, and nova. those'll be more than enough to get you started AND they're free.

Return to “Effects”