New instrument = Guess what is it / what genre and win!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hoover style hard dance

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

dark water wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:54 am I mean why would any rompler designer bother making a vst for EDM pluck farts or synthwave bollocky basslines when every dog and his man makes those now?
Because they have the reputation of doing exactly that... Just look at their other romplers. More mainstream and doing the same as the majority of all others is hardly possible...
I bet it will sound like an 808, but that was mentioned already with the first response...; - )

At the risk of pulling a "no true Scotsman"... real synths don't have a designated music genre. ROMplers often do.

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:20 pm
dark water wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:54 am I mean why would any rompler designer bother making a vst for EDM pluck farts or synthwave bollocky basslines when every dog and his man makes those now?
Because they have the reputation of doing exactly that... Just look at their other romplers. More mainstream and doing the same as the majority of all others is hardly possible...
I bet it will sound like an 808, but that was mentioned already with the first response...; - )
I agree (well apart from the bit about the 808, for obvious flutey reasons!) :phones:

Vortifex wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:51 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:21 am Multisample Hard Drive Streaming Technology with a big filter knob to make the EDM crowd scream when you open it.
As usual a wrapper vst for a mainstream sample pack...
I think you're pretty close. Definitely looks like a sample player.
Main difference between rompler instrument and sampler is that sampler use just one sample which doesnt sound good in 1-2 octaves lower or higher because you just use one sample, but romplers use different sample for every note or every octave/range so rompler sounds much better in wide range of octaves lets say from C3 to C6 etc.
www.g-sonique.com

VST / AU plug-ins (instruments, effects, samples)

Its a sampler with variable sample rates and resampling on the fly plus resynthesis.
The genre is Music.

G-Sonique wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:55 pm Main difference between rompler instrument and sampler is that sampler use just one sample which doesnt sound good in 1-2 octaves lower or higher because you just use one sample
Ever heard of multi-sampling?

G-Sonique wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:55 pm Main difference between rompler instrument and sampler is that sampler use just one sample which doesnt sound good in 1-2 octaves lower or higher because you just use one sample, but romplers use different sample for every note or every octave/range so rompler sounds much better in wide range of octaves lets say from C3 to C6 etc.
I think You confused these two :)
Usually rompler has a little memory for fixed samples, because the "ROM" part means Read Only Memory. These chips, soldered to the mainboard of the gear like Korg M1

And samplers now have big (even gigabyte-sized) libraries with multisampling for both pitch and velocity.

G-Sonique wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:55 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:51 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:21 am Multisample Hard Drive Streaming Technology with a big filter knob to make the EDM crowd scream when you open it.
As usual a wrapper vst for a mainstream sample pack...
Yep 🙄
I think you're pretty close. Definitely looks like a sample player.
Main difference between rompler instrument and sampler is that sampler use just one sample which doesnt sound good in 1-2 octaves lower or higher because you just use one sample, but romplers use different sample for every note or every octave/range so rompler sounds much better in wide range of octaves lets say from C3 to C6 etc.
Huh?
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Sophisti-pop rompler containing the sounds of Johnny Hates Jazz, Curiosity Killed The Cat, The Blow Monkeys etc.

It’s a new virus emulation , called Anorac, you can get some sick sounds out of it.
In all seriousness, it’s a fully functioning fart machine sampler , with round robin and MPE support.
:nutter: if you can read this, your screen is big

psytrance workstation
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:42 pm
G-Sonique wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:55 pm Main difference between rompler instrument and sampler is that sampler use just one sample which doesnt sound good in 1-2 octaves lower or higher because you just use one sample
Ever heard of multi-sampling?
sure but 98% of samplepacks we have here have only 1 sample which souns good in range of 1 octave but not in range of 3-5 octaves
www.g-sonique.com

VST / AU plug-ins (instruments, effects, samples)

You have the wrong sample packs in that case ... :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”