Inquiry: Who is still using CamelSpace, and what version?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Basically what im trying to find out is whether a skin i made for 1.46 is still compatible with whatever the latest (pre-apple) version is. I was able to try it with Demo Version 1.50.0.570, and although there are some differences (such as more filters) it still seemed to be fine. However, i have no info on how new or old this version is, so i would rather make sure before i release the package in case it turns out that the latest version (if there is one newer than 1.50.0.570) requires some changes.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot below if you want to take a look.

Note: If the image is blurred / not fullsize, use 'Download original image' here. Also note that the image displayed on that page is not the original size either, nor will it give you the original size on rightclick / View Image. (Which is why i did not link to it with the thumbnail. It would seem that as of recently, only the downloadable image will be at its actual original size. Thanks postimage.)

Hmmm thanks for reminding me that I still own a Camelspace license. I don't have it installed any longer since I have Tantra which is more powerful but if I can find the CS installer/reg code I'm might install it again. I've got them backed up on one or more external drives.

I love the style of your GUI above but am not a fan of red at all as I find it harsh on the eyes. If there was a blue version it would be a huge improvement over the original GUI. :tu:

EDIT: Wow that was easy. Kudos to Camel Audio for making it possible to install their plugins years later and I didn't even have to enter a reg code. I now have 1.50.1.608 installed which I assume was the latest version available when Camel Audio went over to the dark side. I'll be happy to test your GUI. I assume it just needs to be dropped into Camelspace's Skins folder ? Is your screenshot actual size since the original GUI is pretty small at a monitor resolution of 1920x1080. Would be great to have a larger GUI.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

EDIT: Didnt see you added something until after submitting.

Disregard, and thanks for posting the version number.

If you had the latest version, (you didnt say), could you check whether your installer file has any version info embedded?

(Rightclick > Properties > Details)

Thats pretty much all i need to know.

(Plus of course a guinea pig to check the whole thing out.)

As to hue/colors; the only item whose color is defined via text is the X/Y lines so a hue-mod is easily done.

Basically all youd have to do is batch-process the images to give them the desired hue and thats that.

However, if a lot of people prefer a certain other hue i would certainly be willing to make that since its not a lot of work.

Teksonik wrote: I'll be happy to test your GUI. I assume it just needs to be dropped into Camelspace's Skins folder ?
Yes and no, you drop it in there but you have to rename the original folder from 'default' to something else first. (CamelSpace doesnt seem to have a skin selector, all files need to be in a folder named default.) I will PM you a link either later this evening or tomorrow so you can give it a shot. Thanks in advance.
Teksonik wrote:Is your screenshot actual size since the original GUI is pretty small at a monitor resolution of 1920x1080. Would be great to have a larger GUI.
The UI itself is 1200x800. The screenshot has an extra 30px frame on each side. Whether postimage displays it at full size seems to be a matter of luck; i myself couldnt get it to do so, thus i had to do some fudging with the URL and insert the link to the downloadable image since this seemed to be the only way for me to get a fullsize image displayed. (No idea whats wrong there, postimages used to make no such problems in the past.) But anyhow, the real actual dimensions of the screenshot are 1260x860 so if postimages serves you an image that size youll have the right one.

I posted the version number in my edit above. The GUI says 1.50.1.608 which I'm pretty sure was the latest at the time since I found it in the folder with the backups of all my other Camel Audio software dated July of 2015. The installer has no embedded version information.

Like I said I'll be happy to test for you...... :tu:

EDIT: We're cross posting......... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm familiar with having to rename a skin file to "default" or whatever since that's the way it works in PolyAna for example and there are probably others I can't think of right off the top of my head. Won't be a problem. :)

Alrighty then.

Will PM you later.

Sounds good.

Hi, this skin looks amazing, could I try it out please?
thanks

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 am The GUI says 1.50.1.608
That is the latest version indeed.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:33 pm
That post you quoted was over a year ago....... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:06 am
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:33 pm
That post you quoted was over a year ago....... :shrug:
:lol: Didn't even notice that this is a resurrected necro thread.
No signature here!

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:59 am Hmmm thanks for reminding me that I still own a Camelspace license. I don't have it installed any longer since I have Tantra which is more powerful but if I can find the CS installer/reg code I'm might install it again. I've got them backed up on one or more external drives.

I love the style of your GUI above but am not a fan of red at all as I find it harsh on the eyes. If there was a blue version it would be a huge improvement over the original GUI. :tu:

EDIT: Wow that was easy. Kudos to Camel Audio for making it possible to install their plugins years later and I didn't even have to enter a reg code. I now have 1.50.1.608 installed which I assume was the latest version available when Camel Audio went over to the dark side. I'll be happy to test your GUI. I assume it just needs to be dropped into Camelspace's Skins folder ? Is your screenshot actual size since the original GUI is pretty small at a monitor resolution of 1920x1080. Would be great to have a larger GUI.
Going off topic a bit here, but how does Tantra compare to Camelspace ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Since about the beginning of last year i cant upload anything to the KVR product pages, heck knows why. I will try again over the coming days, but i have little hope that anything has changed. If it still doesnt work, (which is what i expect), i have given a copy to Teksonik and he said he would be willing to upload it for me if all else fails. So maybe we will just have to do it that way. Check back in a few days, and dont hesitate to remind me again if i forget.

Looks smart! Not sure how I missed that last year.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Effects”