TotalEQ from Hornet Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks very much For the free SW34 plug Saverio. Looking forward to trying TotalEQ as well

cprompt wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:09 pm Hi Saverio, loving TotalEQ but in Reaper under Windows 10 using the VST x64 it takes about 3 or 4 seconds from hitting Play to Reaper actually starting to play. Take out TotalEQ completely and it's instantaneous.
Same problem here with Reaper (5.978) using Windows 10 (all latest updates). Using TotalEQ 1.0.1. Tried at both 88.2kHz and 44.1kHz and there is no difference. Also tried with 11 instances of TotalEQ 1.0.1, inserted on separate channels, which slows Reaper right down to taking 10 seconds to startup from hitting play. Remove TotalEQ and no problems. Minimizing or closing the TotalEQ GUI makes no difference. 1.0.1 is the only version I have used as I have just bought it.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Hi everyone, we have just released the 1.1.0 version that is fixing many bugs and adding a few features:

Fixed crash with WaveLab
Fixed slow load times
Changed aspect ratio to 16:9
Improved compatibility with Macs before 2012
Minor cosmetic fixes
Added three more filter types
Improved spectrum analyser and merging response
Added display of peak spectrum
Added mouse wheel control for filter Q
Set control dot color different for each EQ band
Added different default filter type for different spectrum areas

So please download it and let me know if ti fixes your issues :)

Saverio

All working fine now Saverio. Thankyou :tu:

This is a great alternative to the FabFilter Pro-Q. Just used TotalEQ at the very end of a long chain of plugins with a Roland Cloud TB-303. I needed to remove some "mud", enhance the sub and reduce harshness but also bring some sparkle to the high end. The TotalEQ did this very well using the lovely sounding Resonant HP and LP filters and some dynamic EQ. The ANALOG and SATURATION options helped to add depth to the sound.

Would really like an external sidechain option for the dynamic EQ. Manual control over the trigger point for the dynamic EQ would also be helpful. After using FabFilter Pro-Q I am used to seeing what the dynamic EQ is doing (or not doing) quickly and clearly. I do miss this in the TotalEQ GUI where the only visual indication is movement of the actual EQ curve. Perhaps a "show all dynamic EQ action" on/off button (to save the GPU) to show what each dynamic EQ is doing?

Thanks again Saverio for another great low cost plugin. :)
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Great EQ!

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:53 pm All working fine now Saverio. Thankyou :tu:

This is a great alternative to the FabFilter Pro-Q. Just used TotalEQ at the very end of a long chain of plugins with a Roland Cloud TB-303. I needed to remove some "mud", enhance the sub and reduce harshness but also bring some sparkle to the high end. The TotalEQ did this very well using the lovely sounding Resonant HP and LP filters and some dynamic EQ. The ANALOG and SATURATION options helped to add depth to the sound.

Would really like an external sidechain option for the dynamic EQ. Manual control over the trigger point for the dynamic EQ would also be helpful. After using FabFilter Pro-Q I am used to seeing what the dynamic EQ is doing (or not doing) quickly and clearly. I do miss this in the TotalEQ GUI where the only visual indication is movement of the actual EQ curve. Perhaps a "show all dynamic EQ action" on/off button (to save the GPU) to show what each dynamic EQ is doing?

Thanks again Saverio for another great low cost plugin. :)
Thank you, the sidechain is coming with the next update i May i think, while for the dynamic controls well, thank you for the suggestion we'll try to create those controls + GUI :)

If you have other ideas let them flow :)

Saverio

HoRNet wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:12 am Thank you, the sidechain is coming with the next update i May i think, while for the dynamic controls well, thank you for the suggestion we'll try to create those controls + GUI :)

If you have other ideas let them flow :)

Saverio

Great! :) I realise it's a difficult job balancing everybody's wants/needs and having a product that is still usable.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mouse disappears when editing in the GUI. Has happened twice now within just 10 minutes. The mouse is then completely invisible in Reaper. I know the last time it happened I had just selected a dot to edit then the mouse point disappeared. I have had the GUI expanded to about twice its length when using it.

I do find it difficult at times selecting dots that I have made where they are close together and have actually accidentally deleted a few but not sure why they were deleted. I think this could be because there were dots close together and I may have not selected the correct one to edit then tried to select the correct one but, in the process, deleted a dot. Would be really helpful if there was a pop up menu that showed all the dots you have created. You could then select from this menu which dot to edit in the spectrum analyzer rather than having to select it from within the analyzer display itself. This could really help when you have the GUI set very small (which may also reduce GUI problems?).

Loving those resonant HP/LP filters!! :love:

UPDATE: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg!!! :help: Definitely a problem here when you have dots over each other and you try to select one of them. Had a HP Reso filter and a Bell filter on almost the same frequency and were working really well together to enhance the low end of a kick. But I was then unable to reselect the Bell filter to edit it. Everytime I selected it the HP Reso filter parameters appeared. Even when I fully expanded the GUI. Whilst trying to select the Bell filter, I actually deleted the Bell filter. This shows that it can be selected to delete it (by double clicking) but not selected (with just one click) to edit it.

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:55 pm Mouse disappears when editing in the GUI. Has happened twice now within just 10 minutes. The mouse is then completely invisible in Reaper. I know the last time it happened I had just selected a dot to edit then the mouse point disappeared. I have had the GUI expanded to about twice its length when using it.
Yes, exactly the same here, Windows 10. The mouse disappears completely from Reaper but move it off the Reaper window and it re-appears.

Features I would love to see:
  • Global bypass
  • Being able to "net" multiple dots and move them proportionally together (ie, group bands together)
  • Being able to bypass a single band (another button alongside the A, S and D buttons would work)
But this is still a very cool plugin with loads of potential.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:56 pm
hesnotthemessiah wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:55 pm Mouse disappears when editing in the GUI. Has happened twice now within just 10 minutes. The mouse is then completely invisible in Reaper. I know the last time it happened I had just selected a dot to edit then the mouse point disappeared. I have had the GUI expanded to about twice its length when using it.
Yes, exactly the same here, Windows 10. The mouse disappears completely from Reaper but move it off the Reaper window and it re-appears.

Features I would love to see:
  • Global bypass
  • Being able to "net" multiple dots and move them proportionally together (ie, group bands together)
  • Being able to bypass a single band (another button alongside the A, S and D buttons would work)
But this is still a very cool plugin with loads of potential.
Being able to bypass a single band is possible by selecting "All Pass" from that band's filter list. But it would be more practical to have a bypass button to quickly bypass individual bands.

Clicking the right mouse button when using Reaper can make the mouse disappear if you do it where it has no function assigned to it. So I try and make sure not to do it in these situations. But, because I am aware of this situation with Reaper and am trying not to click the right mouse button, I probably now click my right mouse button more when I have no need to press it!! Hence my mouse disappearing more often than before in Reaper. This is not the cause of the bug with the mouse disappearing when using TotalEQ in Reaper......but it is the only other time I have ever come across my mouse disappearing.

All pass is generally not a bypass - produces phase distortion

TotalEQ looks nice and does a great job. But it uses waaay more CPU when compared to Pro-Q/Equilibrium/Melda Equalizer. For me it's not ideal when having to use 50+ EQ's in a project.

Hi thank you for reporting the mouse bug, i'll provide a fix ASAP.

The All Pass filter is not a bypass but a special kind of filter that only creates a phase shift in signal (probably an overlaid phase display could prove useful here i agree :D).

Saverio

I have to say including an all-pass filter piqued my interest - i literally know no other plugin that would do so, the only one straight all-pass i have is Voxengo Pha979 (but its not an EQ)

Return to “Effects”