Eventide add VST3 support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just noticed that Eventide have added VST3 support across all their plugin line. I tested the 2016 Stereo Room in an existing Cubase 10.5 / macOS project, and the VST3 version loaded fine and replaced nicely the old VST2 instances, so it seems that Eventide got it just right :clap:.

(To PSP and Softube: please note how you can add VST3 support without breaking compatibility with old projects...)
Last edited by Sahul on Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nice! The new VST3 version of Omnipressor got sidechain working in Cubase...

Thank you Eventide. I love that Eventide keeps updating their plugins, even the older ones. I feel confident buying more from them.

great stuff! Can't help but love them. :hug:

Would have been nice to get an email from Eventide about this, so thanks for heads up. All updated!

Thanks for the tip, I had just installed the plugins last week on a new studio machine, and probably wouldn't have checked back for another 5-10 years. :D

I frequently update my plugins. There have been a lot of times where there were added features in the updates, like, in this case, VST3 format.

That's also why I never understood how some can run their DAW offline. Would be a big PITA for me, to update those hundreds of plugins using external hard drives, or anything.

I have a ton of Eventide stuff, I wish they had a checker/installer like Arturia
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:02 am I have a ton of Eventide stuff, I wish they had a checker/installer like Arturia
Yeah... that's another such thing. :) People here often curse about those installers/plugin managers/whatever, but, if you have a ton of plugins from one vendor, it makes things so damn easy. Like with Native Access and Komplete. I wouldn't even want to download all those plugins manually.

chk071 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:06 am
SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:02 am I have a ton of Eventide stuff, I wish they had a checker/installer like Arturia
Yeah... that's another such thing. :) People here often curse about those installers/plugin managers/whatever, but, if you have a ton of plugins from one vendor, it makes things so damn easy. Like with Native Access and Komplete. I wouldn't even want to download all those plugins manually.
Great update! Relatively painless here as Anthology is a single installer, so it was just that and Spring.

I appreciate the plugin managers massively. Whilst they can be slow in the case of Arturia, at least you can be doing other stuff whilst they get on with it. The worst experience here is IK Multimedia hands down. Sampletank 4 was a master class in how not to provide media, and Total Studio Max 2 is a bunch of individual installers.

thanks, didn't receive an e-mail, which normally they do? but nice to have vst3 versions.

Yeah I was thinking, where's my Eventide installer? I like them as I can check them every do often for updates.

If there was some money-making geek out there that could program a single app that would look at all the other companies' installers that would be genius.

WasteLand wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:42 pm thanks, didn't receive an e-mail, which normally they do? but nice to have vst3 versions.
Eventide is based out of NJ, not too far from me, and I believe they're mostly working from home with a skeleton team. Wouldn't be surprised if the VST3 versions were ready to go but things on the communications side are a bit delayed because of other constraints as a result of the virus.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:10 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:42 pm thanks, didn't receive an e-mail, which normally they do? but nice to have vst3 versions.
Eventide is based out of NJ, not too far from me, and I believe they're mostly working from home with a skeleton team. Wouldn't be surprised if the VST3 versions were ready to go but things on the communications side are a bit delayed because of other constraints as a result of the virus.
Eventide has never ever sent a single e-mail about releasing updates. You do have to go check yourself periodically. They have been done minor updates quite often.
No signature here!

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:35 pmIf there was some money-making geek out there that could program a single app that would look at all the other companies' installers that would be genius.
Writing an app like that is not the problem (there was at least one announced on the forum). It's getting plugin manufacturers to cooperate that's difficult, because they need to give access to their servers, APIs, etc. Some of them might also have ambitions of their own, for example PA.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

19 Eventide Installers
1 Newfangled Bundle Installer

Phew. Downloaded and installed.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”