looking for quick goto vocals plugin, thinking Waves

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone use Waves CLA Vocals or Greg Wells VoiceCentric?

The Waves signature series are very thick with their own individual character. They seem great on paper, and you'll be happy for a while, but I don't see anyone using those plugins for long. Typically as you learn more about setting up a chain, you'll end up doing your own once you get annoyed enough by the limited control on the signature series plugins.

Perhaps consider a channel strip instead? You can use a preset for vocals and it's basically a similar thing (minus delays and reverb). Or at least test a few of the plugins before settling on something, to see if something sounds perfect for your needs. Personally I own a couple of these including the CLA Vocals, and they are good, but they each are a very specific flavor, so when that flavor is not the right fit then I can't use them (so I never do).

Thanks! some great advice.

I like either Waves Scheps Omni Channel or Izotope Nectar as an all in one for vocals.

The renaissance bundle can do pretty much all your audio needs.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

In a way the Waves Signatures are a great way to start learning.

It begins simply with you "learning" when something sounds good or not and what you did simply to make it sound good. Only to find that a day later not everything sounds as good as you thought it did recently, and they are simple enough to try again. without being discouraged.

Eventually, if its really does interest you, it will lead you to want to understand more about what each of these controls are doing, that's when you start turning towards more flexible, more detailed plugins which will also take time to master... but at least you have a better idea of where to start and what sounds good.

Thanks everyone, I got the Scheps Omni Channel from the advice here, absolute love it so far, but need to learn it properly!

Solid choice with the Scheps Omni. I didn't mention it myself to avoid derailing too far, but it was on my mind when I wrote my last comment. Great presets, fantastic feature set. You have plenty to grow in learning the effects and the techniques being applied, and you'll never outgrow that channel strip for music work.

Actually you did get me looking into channel strips instead so thanks! the great thing is i tried it on drums and bass, and sounds great, so glad i didn't just go for a vocal plugin.

zammo wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:40 pm Thanks everyone, I got the Scheps Omni Channel from the advice here, absolute love it so far, but need to learn it properly!
Great place to start is with the Scheps presets and use the Focus feature, which will draw your eye to the few key controls you need to use to get the setting working favourably. It simplifies the process and gets you using your ears before anything else.

Return to “Effects”