Neat little technique on how to Denoise Guitar DIs - No Noise gates involved

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
John Mor
KVRer
3 posts since 6 Apr, 2020

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Hey guys, recording near a computer can be tricky, especially when dialing in a hi gain metal tone and noise gates can't really affect the signal to noise ratio.

Now, more than ever, people record music at home and all kinds of noise might interfere, so i figured this might be handy.

This trick also works for mixing engineers that might receive bad DIs from clients. This is actually how i developed this technique :D !

A/B Examples at 4:55. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/Uogrdm4BjDY

Forgotten
KVRAF
11445 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Re: Neat little technique on how to Denoise Guitar DIs - No Noise gates involved

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:18 pm

What's the technique?

John Mor
KVRer

Re: Neat little technique on how to Denoise Guitar DIs - No Noise gates involved

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:31 pm

Hey, doesn't the video show up?

John Mor
KVRer

Post Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:47 pm

Forgotten wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:18 pm
What's the technique?
"The technique" part is tailored to engineers that received noisy DIs.
Applying the Spectral Denoise and calling it a day won't do much, it will probably butcher the DI signal. So the technique is all about feeding the rx6 with the correct information. At the second half of the video i show a way to do this as a mixing engineer that was sent bad dis probably won't have access to the original guitar and computer interference to make an accurate noise profile.

Return to “Production Techniques”