PA subscription and voucher question...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In general I like the products of PA especially the UA ones...and if their voucher system work as expected I find their subscription not that bad... 8)

If I understood correctly you get all money you payed for the subscription back in form of a $249 voucher after 12 payments... correct??

If this is correct and I understood correctly you can spend this voucher on any combination of products/ the complete card from them if on sale or not but you have to spend the complete voucher with a purchase... correct???

This would mean, if I find at this time plugins I like which are on sale for $49 in this moment I could choose 5 of them and just would spend my voucher for this... correct???

How long time are the vouchers valid???

Thx for helping me out there

Yes
Yes
Yes
12 Months
Say NO to CLAP!

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html

Scroll down to 'Sales Support: Subscriptions'
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:37 am https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/support.html

Scroll down to 'Sales Support: Subscriptions'
Thx for your answer...
I already read all of these... just wanted to get sure... 8)

Trancit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:25 am In general I like the products of PA especially the UA ones...and if their voucher system work as expected I find their subscription not that bad... 8)

If I understood correctly you get all money you payed for the subscription back in form of a $249 voucher after 12 payments... correct??

If this is correct and I understood correctly you can spend this voucher on any combination of products/ the complete card from them if on sale or not but you have to spend the complete voucher with a purchase... correct???

This would mean, if I find at this time plugins I like which are on sale for $49 in this moment I could choose 5 of them and just would spend my voucher for this... correct???

How long time are the vouchers valid???

Thx for helping me out there
Yes to all.
Though if you want my opinion, after owning 98% of all of these plugins (there are a few amp sims I was not interested in whatsoever), I realized I only truly needed/wanted about 3 or 4 plugins. Years passed and most of them collected dust in the plugins folder and were never used. And when I reached out to see if I could salvage them, I realized that the quality just wasn't there.
If there are plugins you really like and you know you will use, wait for them to reach the $29 sale threshold, and then buy them (with a voucher, so they're even cheaper). It may take a bit of patience, but in the end it will be your best choice. I ended up selling all my PA plugins in this forum.
My $0.02 pesos. :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Not possible to buy just one plugin for $29 with a voucher when the minimum you have to spend is $49.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

escalona wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:42 pm
Yes to all.
Though if you want my opinion, after owning 98% of all of these plugins (there are a few amp sims I was not interested in whatsoever), I realized I only truly needed/wanted about 3 or 4 plugins.

What are the plugins you think worth checking out?

roman.i wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:21 pm
escalona wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:42 pm
Yes to all.
Though if you want my opinion, after owning 98% of all of these plugins (there are a few amp sims I was not interested in whatsoever), I realized I only truly needed/wanted about 3 or 4 plugins.

What are the plugins you think worth checking out?
I guess it all depends on what you need.
If you want a synth, Thorn and Lion are great choices (all this is only my personal opinion).
If you need a variety of compressors, I'd stick to elysia Alpha, ACME opticon, or vertigo VSC-2... even their old Opto sounds ok actually... and most importantly I would personally not even bother with any of the new ones.
If you need an eq, perhaps the Millenia, or the elysia museq, or the SPL for a passive choice (though rather subpar for me personally)
If you're looking for sound design/mangling stuff... anything Unfiltered Audio.
I personally don't care for their amp sims, their reverbs sound just plainly bad, metallic, unpleasant and the delays are very much subpar compared to other cheaper options in the market and what to say about their $149 pan tool... The same goes for their consoles. While none of them are particularly bad, I just found other options for the same types of consoles that sound much better to me (except the focusrite one, which is unique... but in this case, as someone who owned focusrite hardware in the past, ever since I got rid of all of them, I never missed them once. I'll exclude their ISA one preamp, I still like it actually). Once again, this is just my personal opinion.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

PA offer seems to good to be true, because in my opinion it is...

A lot of plugins are just repackaged code with a new interface, they consider bug fixes as "feature requests".
I didnt sub, but i bought a few plugins, and am selling everything now.

After demoing a lot of them, I'd single out Phil's Cascade as one of the few good ones.
VSC-2, Elysia Alpha Comp, VSM-3, BlackBox (1). Ironically, mostly older ones.
Newer ones are distortion boxes.

They have ingenious marketing and know how to hook you.
In reality, you get what you pay for. Those plugs aren't worth more than 29$ sale price they go for.

Return to “Effects”