Serum LFO/Macro help

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on a Serum patch and am a little stumped.

On LFO6 & 7 I have two 16th gate patterns over 1/2 bar assigned to velocity. This creates the classic trance stutter pattern on 32nd notes (ie, 16ths at 1/2 bar). To make it a full bar I have LFO5 flipping between the two. See screenshot.

Currently this runs constantly however I would like to assign a Macro to LFO5's depth so that I can dial this on or off. Logically I would assume adding a Macro to LFO5's Aux Source would do this but it wants a destination before it becomes effective.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Works for me

focusrite wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:24 am Works for me
Hmmm, interesting. Like this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah, but I'm guessing it won't work because there's no connection

Something along the lines of assign to something you don't use like phaser depth knob in the fx section

Ok well and truly confused now. I can hear it working at expected when assigned to phaser depth (or similar) but I think the macro is simply adjuting the depth of the phaser not of the LFO (ie, it affects the destination rather than the source).

I am sure there is a reason why you are doing it like this rather than just using 1 LFO at 1/32 - but what is it?

cb8rwh wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:35 pm I am sure there is a reason why you are doing it like this rather than just using 1 LFO at 1/32 - but what is it?
Ah good question. I have two different gate patterns on each of the LFOs (ie, with slides etc) so they're not straight 32nd gates.

Ah cool. I guess it makes it a little easier to create shapes in the small windows that way.

cb8rwh wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 pm Ah cool. I guess it makes it a little easier to create shapes in the small windows that way.
I typically use LFOTool but I'm trying to build a self-contained patch this time.

Does Serum load LFOTool shapes?

cb8rwh wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:19 pm Does Serum load LFOTool shapes?
Good thinking, I like it. It does but only up to 16 steps and I need more than that.

cb8rwh wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 pm Ah cool. I guess it makes it a little easier to create shapes in the small windows that way.
You can resize to 400% while you do this and then down-size after

Code: Select all

* Aux LFO
means you multiply LFO 5 by LFO 6 to modulate amp.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:05 pm

Code: Select all

* Aux LFO
means you multiply LFO 5 by LFO 6 to modulate amp.
Thanks 8)

Long day so a few daft questions coming up:
1. Where do I enter this?
2. LFO6 modulating LFO5 isn't really what I want though (is it?). Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Return to “Instruments”