PSP InfiniStrip is out ($129, requires software iLok)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP InfiniStrip

fese wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:37 pm Is there a list of all the modules included? Found nothing on their site, link to the manual is dead.
They've updated the product page:
http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/dyn ... finistrip/

There are videos, and a list of all 22 modules.

Seems pretty similar to the McDSP channel strip. That retains each setting when you change module types as well. Looks nice and probably does a job, but not for me 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Looks good, downloading the demo. Glad I didn't get sucked into buying McDSP 6060 after I bought 6050. I'll keep 6050 because I like the McDSP vibe of it. The PSP strip should be interesting. My price $77US, but with the lower Canadian $ it's 10% more than usual. :phones:

It's super buggy, unfortunately. Hopefully, PSP will update with bug fixes and new features. I would love some character filters and a brickwall limiter section.

fceramic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:56 pm It's super buggy, unfortunately. Hopefully, PSP will update with bug fixes and new features. I would love some character filters and a brickwall limiter section.
Yeah, I feel they might not have beta tested this thing properly.

Surprised there is no Vintage Warmer type module included. Seems like good value for the price though.

antic604 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:24 pm Was already posted in the OP...
Last edited by Aloysius on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:57 pm...
Was already posted in the OP...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Anybody else seeing knobs being very jerky and unresponsive when trying to adjust them, this happens with all knobs on all modules. CPU wise slightly more than comparable Slate version and way more than McDSP 6050. This no better or worse than the competition IMO, worth looking at if you need something like this.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

fceramic wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:56 pm It's super buggy, unfortunately. Hopefully, PSP will update with bug fixes and new features. I would love some character filters and a brickwall limiter section.
What DAW?
It’s smooth as butter here on Reaper 6.

Totally agree about filters and Brickwall Limiter.

...also, what kind of bugs? Buggy as in it crashes? Or doesn't recall presets correctly? Or can't be automated properly? Mac or Windows? What DAW?

Would like to hear about what problems people who think it's buggy are experiencing. May help inform a decision as to whether or not it's even worth demoing right now.

That demo video by psp is awful, though. The mix sounds terrible. Haven’t tried the demo yet, but I hope it sounds better than that. It sounds like he recorded it on a Motu 2408mk2.

Love it so far, fast workflow, no bugs inside reaper 6. Sounds great. Don’t think they will add brickwall limiting. They also like to sell their other stuff. The price is amazing for so many plugins.

I tried it yesterday on a drum loop in a busy mix (Win10, Reaper). Here's MY preliminary impressions:

- Love the preamps
- Channel EQ is quite good (so good that I didn't try other EQ's).
- VCA Comp sounded dull and kinda mushy, Fet Comp - complete opposite.
- Limiters sounded soft to me (could be a good thing).
- Gain trims on EQ are very welcome but buggy and unpredictable (.1dB adjustment sometimes makes .5 dB difference (I had to use Master module instead).
- Parameter matching kinda works although Q doesn't translate very well on the EQ's and the same threshold results in different GR figures on different comp modules. (For comparison, I find McDSP parameter matching to be worse than useless).

If I had to compare it to McDSP 6060, I would say

- I find 3 PSP EQ's more useful than all of 6060's EQ modules.
- I like PSP Preamps much more than McDSP distortion modules.
- McDSP dynamic modules are much more useful to me.
- 6060 has some new modules I quite like (Shine, BOB, Tape) that don't have it's analogue within the InfifniStrip.
- PSP interface is potentially better (if they fix the bugs) and parameter matching is categorically better with PSP.

Return to “Effects”