PSP InfiniStrip is out ($129, requires software iLok)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP InfiniStrip

Good overview. I don't like PSP preset management, is really horrible and outdated. But love the sound and that's the most important.

Can get a 'great deal' from my PSP Account but can't really see the point in getting yet another Channel Strip type plugin.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:32 pm Can get a 'great deal' from my PSP Account but can't really see the point in getting yet another Channel Strip type plugin.
Yep, I agree with you. I gave it a try, sounds good, but no interest in a new channel strip at all...interesting for those who don't have any channel strip plugin yet.

Aloysius wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:32 pm Can get a 'great deal' from my PSP Account but can't really see the point in getting yet another Channel Strip type plugin.
This has been answered several times already. It will change your game. :bang:

Seems almost like old code being recycled in a shiny new container. I mean, I love PSP, but as someone who owns most of their plugins already, seems redundant.
A well-behaved signature.

Is this InfiniStrip going to be added to like Slate’s VMR or get new versions like McDSP 6060?

From the website, there's a lot of new stuff in here, def not just recycled code:

Preamps:

Gain [NEW] - pure gain with automated gain adjustment.
Pre 60s [NEW] - as Gain plus valve type of preamp emulation.
Pre 70s [NEW] - as Gain plus discreet preamp with a transformer.
Pre 80s [NEW] - as Gain plus discreet transformer less preamp.
ADC 90s [NEW] - as Gain plus 12 bit nonlinear analog to digital converter.

Filters:

Basic Filters [NEW] - low and high pass filters with three slopes options per filter.
Pro Filters [NEW] - Basic Filters plus middle filter with five filters types to choose from.
S.C.Filters [NEW] - as Pro Filters but dedicated for the side chain processing.

Gate/Expander/Ducker:

Expander [NEW] - expander with built in side chain filters and optional external side chain input.
Gate [NEW] - gate with side chain filters and optional external side chain input.
Ducker [NEW] - ducker with side chain filters and optional external side chain input.

Compressors:

Opto Pressor [NEW] - optical compressor with optional external side chain input.
FET Pressor [REDESIGNED] - redesigned for channel processing version of the PSP FETpressor with optional external side chain input.
VCA Pressor [NEW] - VCA compressor designed for channel processing with optional external side chain input.

Equalizers:

ChannelQ [NEW] - general purpose equalizer.
PreQursor [REDESIGNED] - redesigned for channel processing version of the PSP preQursor.
RetroQ [REDESIGNED & UPGRADED] - redesigned and upgraded for channel processing version of the PSP RetroQ.

Limiters:

VCA Lim [EXISTING] - in strip implementation of the PSP TwinL.
Opto Lim [EXISTING] - in strip implementation of the PSP TwinL.

Control:

Master Control [NEW] - fader, width, balance and meter.

Special:

De-esser [NEW] - unique deesser algorithm.
De-hummer [NEW] - hum noise reduction algorithm.

JerGoertz wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:21 pm Seems almost like old code being recycled in a shiny new container. I mean, I love PSP, but as someone who owns most of their plugins already, seems redundant.
It can be redundant unless you see it as mostly a workflow improvement. Also, as a 2-decade old PSP customer and owner of way too many plugins, their "old" recycled code beats 99% of all "new code" in other companies nowadays. That's only my opinion of course. Others may think differently.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Fleer wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:06 am Is this InfiniStrip going to be added to like Slate’s VMR or get new versions like McDSP 6060?
My guess is that this tool will get some improvements overtime. Antoni has already responded to some requested features -like a better preset management- saying that this is being worked on as we speak.
I honestly think they needed a bit more time to release this with all bells and whistles. If they do continue to improve it, at some point is going to be a top plugin.

My personal requests are :
1. Improved preset management system
2. Saturation or Coloration units (some Vintage Warmer in there along with something else)
3. Summing possibilities: "a la" Sonimus Britson/Satson or Slate's VCC or Studio One's CTC1+Softube Tape
4. ...yeah, tape.
5. Brick wall limiter (Xenon-like would be great)
6. Since I mentioned tape and limiter, maybe more mastering tools (passive eq, specialized compressor, dither...)
7. Possibility to split the signal path (some units in series some in parallel)
8. ...and to be extremely picky, maybe a vari-mu-like compressor maybe just to runt the signal through without any compression being applied, like a true fairchild or any tube-heavy compressor.

A man can dream.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

:tu:

$107 at BestService.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm ...also, what kind of bugs? Buggy as in it crashes? Or doesn't recall presets correctly? Or can't be automated properly? Mac or Windows? What DAW?

Would like to hear about what problems people who think it's buggy are experiencing. May help inform a decision as to whether or not it's even worth demoing right now.
This is with vst 2 and 3 in Reason/Bitwig on a new Mac latest OSX. No crashes so far, but I have modules stop working after being moved, parts of the GUI disappearing when adding new modules, SC filter mostly doesn't function, modules not swapping correctly and parameters can sometimes freeze and force me to use the scroll wheel. I have not tried to automate anything.
While not important, they forgot to add the outer part to the big knobs on the FET compressor, so currently, you can only see the drop shadow. Guess they just got blind to that graphical error, cause it's even rendered like that in the manual.

Oops. I’ll wait.

escalona wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 am
Fleer wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:06 am Is this InfiniStrip going to be added to like Slate’s VMR or get new versions like McDSP 6060?
My guess is that this tool will get some improvements overtime. Antoni has already responded to some requested features -like a better preset management- saying that this is being worked on as we speak.
I honestly think they needed a bit more time to release this with all bells and whistles. If they do continue to improve it, at some point is going to be a top plugin.

My personal requests are :
1. Improved preset management system
2. Saturation or Coloration units (some Vintage Warmer in there along with something else)
3. Summing possibilities: "a la" Sonimus Britson/Satson or Slate's VCC or Studio One's CTC1+Softube Tape
4. ...yeah, tape.
5. Brick wall limiter (Xenon-like would be great)
6. Since I mentioned tape and limiter, maybe more mastering tools (passive eq, specialized compressor, dither...)
7. Possibility to split the signal path (some units in series some in parallel)
8. ...and to be extremely picky, maybe a vari-mu-like compressor maybe just to runt the signal through without any compression being applied, like a true fairchild or any tube-heavy compressor.

A man can dream.
A multi band splitter which allows units to be used on a per band basis would be awesome, plus more flexible routing (parallel etc)

Fleer wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:21 pm :tu:

$107 at BestService.
Only if you don't pay VAT :(
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Svama wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 pm Good overview. I don't like PSP preset management, is really horrible and outdated. But love the sound and that's the most important.
I moaned about the preset management on Facebook, they are going to fix that.

Return to “Effects”