teq

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

teqwq
Last edited by Blackbeard5 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.

ww

Have you tried VPS Avenger? To my ears they sound very similar (could of course just be they have the same main sound designer)
rsp
sound sculptist

teqwqet
Last edited by Blackbeard5 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Learning how to make your own sounds may help here

Imagine you'd have 132 mallet presets made by yourself :party:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Blackbeard5 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:50 pm
Edit: There is something a little stupid about me, in music. Its that, i care too much about the visual design lol. So when i open nexus, and i think the skin looks good. I react with "wow that sounds great". Its like the skin has this impact on me that has nothing to do with the quality of the sound. But whatever.
Not stupid at all. I've got Omnisphere and Nexus 2.
Clearly Omnisphere sounds better and is infinitely more powerful.
But I hate the Omni GUI, it's sluggish, slows me down and finding the
right sound with it's utterly borked browser gives me a headache.

I love Nexus' GUI, and end up writing - and finishing - more songs with it and even, oddly, spend more time editing sounds as it's limited capability has pushed me to be more creative. (free hint: the BT Pads expansion is a limitless source of sounds IMO. Best expansion by far.)

If the GUI makes you work faster or think something sounds better and that gets you to a finished song, who cares.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

All I can say is USE Omnisphere.
I don’t even own It to be honest because of the price but if you have it you needed to take advantage of what your given.
14,000 freaking sounds I mean.
I’m sure there’s a lot of mallets in there ;)
Or you can make your own because, well. It’s Omnisphere.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Blackbeard5 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:50 pm
Edit: There is something a little stupid about me, in music. Its that, i care too much about the visual design lol. So when i open nexus, and i think the skin looks good. I react with "wow that sounds great". Its like the skin has this impact on me that has nothing to do with the quality of the sound. But whatever.

After 7 years of this stuff I’ve come
To the conclusion that if a synth sounds decent and you can use it well, use that over a synth that sounds phenomenal but is a pain in the ass.

Nobody can tell in a mix what synths what anymore.
Play me song and ask me what part was the Zebra Patch used in and what part was a NI Massive BassLine used and I’d literally have nothing for ya. It all meshes together.

Sylenth1 for example is still my Swiss Army Knife for VA after all these years. Does it sound the best? No
It sounds Very GOOD, but not the best.
BUT, it Dosent alias, The workflow is great and the CPU usage is modest (my other favorite VAs are Repro and Reaktor so the CPU thing is HUGE) And I know S1 inside and out because it was the synth I taught myself sound design with.
That’s all I need really.
And I pick that over synths that sound Phenomenal but confuse and frustrate the Heck out of me.

Obviously theirs limits. The synth should at the least sound GOOD. Some disgusting aliasing horrific mess is gonna be noticeable and that’s when it Doesn't become worth the GUI, but I push the boundaries preeeeety far when it’s a GUI that clicks with me :hihi:
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

You can find some of the same top-class sound designers in here:

VPS Avenger: https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins ... EXPANSIONS

Parawave Rapid: https://parawave-audio.com/index.php?ro ... s-examples

tewqwqe

teqwetq
Last edited by Blackbeard5 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[teqwetq
Last edited by Blackbeard5 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

teqwet
Last edited by Blackbeard5 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you own Omnisphere you can literally bath in pristine sound. And I don't mean the 10.000 presets it has to offer. These are mostly overprocessed and won't fit in your mix but can of course be a good starting point. Sculpting your own sound in Omni is what makes it unique. Warm, crystal clear sound quality from the very first tweak. Nexus and Avenger are the last two synths I would touch regarding sound quality.

tewqwq

Return to “Instruments”