Alchemy Mac?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know how a legal owner can get Alchemy Mac please?

I took the advice and made (Windows) downloads when they were closing but never thought to download my Mac versions as I was PC for a very long time. I'm now moving to Mac and don't want to lose access Alchemy.
This isn't what you think.

Which DAW will you be using on Mac? Logic has Alchemy built in, if you didn't know that already.

IIRC. All the previous installers had account owner information imbedded into it. And while version 2 is included in Logic (but not sure if it's imbedded preventing its use in other DAWs), it is a different synth - and from what others have said, doesn't include every sound from version 1.

You might just want to keep your windows machine running it and sync it to your Apple.

It’s included with Logic and Mainstage. V2 doesn’t run in any other DAWs.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Copy your old Alchemy presets into the same folder as the newer Alchemy presets so Logic can find them
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

The version in Logic is now more like v2.5 and you also get v2 of Camel Space (Step FX in Logic) and Camel Phat (Phat FX in Logic) on top.
Its much better in every way beside that Apple decided to take away the microtuning and waveform import which is a big bummer for me and so i also wish often i had still my v1.55 installers. But i only have all the sample content.
But otherwise still one of my favorite synths.

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:51 pm Which DAW will you be using on Mac? Logic has Alchemy built in, if you didn't know that already.
Cubase predominantly, thanks

Michael L wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:56 am Copy your old Alchemy presets into the same folder as the newer Alchemy presets so Logic can find them
Thanks but I don't have Logic

This is a bit of a bummer TBH, I just never thought I'd come back to Mac.

Cinebient wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:01 amIts much better in every way beside that Apple decided to take away the microtuning and waveform import which is a big bummer
I am by no means an expert in Alchemy but as far as I have worked with the latest version of it, you an absolutely import your own samples into it. Or did you mean something else?

/Carl
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

skank wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:41 am
Michael L wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:56 am Copy your old Alchemy presets into the same folder as the newer Alchemy presets so Logic can find them
Thanks but I don't have Logic
I don't have Mainstage but it is cheap, has Alchemy, and you might be able to route it to your DAW via Blackhole, Rewire or IAC.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

MainStage is only a Rewire master so it doesn't play nice with other DAWs in the way you'd want. However, routing MIDI using IAC and audio redirection software like Soundflower (free) or Loopback (paid) will do the job.

Thanks. BTW, Blackhole is like an updated Soundflower for Mac.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Ah, OK. I hadn't noticed that Rogue Amoeba had passed the source back for Soundflower to the original author – I'd assumed they were still maintaining it in parallel with Loopback (which is the one I've been actually using).

DrGonzo wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:48 am
Cinebient wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:01 amIts much better in every way beside that Apple decided to take away the microtuning and waveform import which is a big bummer
I am by no means an expert in Alchemy but as far as I have worked with the latest version of it, you an absolutely import your own samples into it. Or did you mean something else?

/Carl
I know but i mean not sample import.
In the latest version 1.55 you could also import waveforms for the VA OSCs and it had .tun file import for microtunings.

Ploki wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:36 pm
Cinebient wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:23 pm
I know but i mean not sample import.
In the latest version 1.55 you could also import waveforms for the VA OSCs and it had .tun file import for microtunings.
IIRC Logic supports .scl tuning tables, that are respected by all synths in the project (and as such also alchemy)

But only within 12 note scales or?

Return to “Instruments”