Nexus3 and quality presets. I need more!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
NatLife
KVRian
659 posts since 12 Jul, 2004

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:20 pm

to get more presets, you need to buy Yamaha Tyros :D it sounds so similar to Nexus 3)
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Blackbeard5
KVRist
82 posts since 8 Apr, 2020

Re: Nexus3 and quality presets. I need more!

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:51 pm

Post may look a little "closed" as i replied to alot, but, if anyone stops by and looks over,

as i wasnt aware of Rapid Synthesizer, if theres any other im not aware (that hasnt made it on top 10/20 lists or whatever), feel free to mention. Same with good soundbanks etc. Im more into house music/electronic. PLucked, leads, mallets, etc, bass are helpful, organs, strings. Orchestra too.

Also, interesting drum loop packs with improved quality in sounds? I havent lookd enough for this.

Blackbeard5
KVRist

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:52 pm

NatLife wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:20 pm
to get more presets, you need to buy Yamaha Tyros :D it sounds so similar to Nexus 3)
Great again! Thanks, ill look into it immediately. I didnt see your post.

NatLife
KVRian

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm

Blackbeard5 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:52 pm
NatLife wrote:
yep, but it's still pretty expensive synth-workstation. But of course you can get a very clear sound from the box with it(same Nexus sounds, but with a more possibility to control and change sounds). But if you no need a change possibility, and no space - of course Nexus 3 is a better deal.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Blackbeard5
KVRist

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:09 pm

NatLife wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm
Blackbeard5 wrote:
NatLife wrote:
yep, but it's still pretty expensive synth-workstation. But of course you can get a very clear sound from the box with it(same Nexus sounds, but with a more possibility to control and change sounds). But if you no need a change possibility, and no space - of course Nexus 3 is a better deal.

Just figured it was a synth workstation, lol, unfortunately i cant afford too expensive things (im fine with it too), but i need Vst plugins, things to use in my DAW. I use Flstudio 20. But it sounded great on youtube, yamaha tyros.

Bippo
KVRist
120 posts since 1 Mar, 2019

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:51 pm

You've got more than enough.
You don't need anything.
Go make music.

Blackbeard5
KVRist

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Bippo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:51 pm
You don't need anything.
Go make music.

Both yes and no.

Hard to explain. I have alot. Its fun to look at new synthesizers if they feel appealing, and all of them have unique sounds that other synthesizers dont. One never knows what sound one needs. Buying a new synthesizer can be waste if you already have alot, or it can give you the one sound that you need to make a really good song.

It depends on what music one makes, what genre one is into. But i have alot, ill get a few things then im done buying things for a long while. Already bought Rapid Parawave. (even though, it doesnt give me the nexus presets/quality i felt the need for (i think). Its still interesting for me, so i got it).

Bippo
KVRist
120 posts since 1 Mar, 2019

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:12 pm

Blackbeard5 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:57 pm
Bippo wrote:
You don't need anything.
Go make music.

Both yes and no.

Hard to explain. I have alot. Its fun to look at new synthesizers if they feel appealing, and all of them have unique sounds that other synthesizers dont. One never knows what sound one needs. Buying a new synthesizer can be waste if you already have alot, or it can give you the one sound that you need to make a really good song.

It depends on what music one makes, what genre one is into. But i have alot, ill get a few things then im done buying things for a long while. Already bought Rapid Parawave. (even though, it doesnt give me the nexus presets/quality i felt the need for (i think). Its still interesting for me, so i got it).
If your goal is to collect vsts, then have fun.
You can spend years and years pursuing the next "hot and new" vst without making a single track.
But if you want to make music eventually, you better stop chasing these endless vsts/presets packs and start creating music.
With omnisphere, nexus and sylenth you already got more than 20k presets.
Do you really NEED more than that?
Do you actually know how even 5% of all these presets sounds like?
I bet you don't.

Not many years ago, people made timeless records with way less equipment .
Just start making music, you really got everything you need.

Blackbeard5
KVRist

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Bippo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:12 pm
Blackbeard5 wrote:
Bippo wrote:
You don't need anything.
Go make music.

Both yes and no.

You can spend years and years pursuing the next "hot and new" vst without making a single track.
But if you want to make music eventually, you better stop chasing these endless vsts/presets packs and start creating music.
I bet you don't.

I do kind of hear you, i think you are right, you can do alot with little.

Omnisphere.... even if people call it good, it hasnt been good for me yet. Nexus and sylenths been good for me. Reaktor has. Massive and massive x.

A new synthesizer might be good for me. I dont care where i find it, but i need specific sounds, and no synth alone gives me everything i need. Together they give me everything i neeed.

NatLife
KVRian

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:51 am

Blackbeard5 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:09 pm
NatLife wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:57 pm
Blackbeard5 wrote:
NatLife wrote:

Just figured it was a synth workstation, lol, unfortunately i cant afford too expensive things (im fine with it too), but i need Vst plugins, things to use in my DAW. I use Flstudio 20. But it sounded great on youtube, yamaha tyros.
do not count this as an advertisement, but as example you can see what sounds I make for different synthesizers, and you will decide on which synthesizer you need - https://www.youtube.com/user/NatLife1

Trancit
KVRAF
2743 posts since 27 Jul, 2004

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:52 am

Blackbeard5 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm
Omnisphere.... even if people call it good, it hasnt been good for me yet. ...
You are not alone...
99% of the presets are more than meh... the basic sound without any processing is absolutely meh ... you really have to work hard to make it sound good...

If you are into the sound of Nexus/Rapid/Sylenth and Avenger... do yourself a favour and forget about Omnisphere...
These are 2 different worlds... the peeps swearing on Omnisphere are telling you how bad the other mentioned sound and vice versa... seems to be a matter of taste...

Nevertheless if you are into the sound of the presets of Nexus and you already got Rapid you´ve got at the very end a tweakable version of Nexus...
Mirko Router, the main sound designer of the Rapid sounds did a lot of expansions for Nexus and brought the same type of sound to Rapid...
Here you can explore and learn exactly what he did and this is what you should do from now...

NatLife
KVRian

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:56 am

Bippo wrote:
Blackbeard5 wrote:
Bippo wrote:
You don't need anything.
Go make music.

Both yes and no.

I bet you don't.

man, i'm agreed with you - even a one good synth can be enough, i have a tons of synth's and i never enough, every synthesizer have own unique sounding, and i'm like a millions of other - always looking for something new, more...you can't stop doing this, if you not a limited person :P

Blackbeard5
KVRist

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:05 am

Bippo wrote:
Blackbeard5 wrote:
Bippo wrote:
You don't need anything.
Go make music.

Both yes and no.

I bet you don't.

Edit:

No wait, lol.

Im still stuck on my first reply, «both yes and no». What i have is enough, but it doesnt hurt with more (especially if the more are new specific sounds that will really work for me).

Reason i look for new things is because im on lookout for those sounds that i really love.

Nexus hit me better than omnisphere in this sense. Even if its got less, the few sounds i find immediately are perfect for me. When i opend omnisphere it just seemed better to use sylenth or another synth instead of omnisphere.

(But ugghhhhh, ive said it plenty alrdy, i dont freaking know what omnisphere can do for me, i just didnt have any real good experience with it yet).

So idk. Cant say shit about omnisphere.
Last edited by Blackbeard5 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

enCiphered
KVRian
854 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:11 am

Blackbeard5 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:05 am
Omnisphere, i have good faith in that it will finally work for me. And once it does, ill have plenty of sounds.
It will for sure :tu:
Go for it, stick with Omni and take your time to reach your goals.
The most important thing is to have fun and love what you do :)

Blackbeard5
KVRist

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:45 am

Lol this forumthread/post turnd into this exausting thoughprocess in me «ok i have enough, no wait i dont oh right i do oh wait no»

But theres limit in how much money i can use, in that case i have enough. After rapid, maybe 1soundbank , that will be good enough for awhile.

And will try omnisphere more, really figure out what it can do for me........ we’ll see....

Return to “Instruments”