Geomystery - Designed To Let You Down (progtrance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, just some optimistic insight into our world:

https://soundcloud.com/geomystery/desig ... t-you-down
Last edited by Soimmo on Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The vocals are mixed down way too low. For spoken word, where the words are actually important, this is a major flaw in the track. The rest of the mix is fine. Musically, there's not enough to keep me interested for 8 minutes (turned it off after about 3) but it's decently done (minus the vocals) for what it is.

I'm just not your audience.

3 minutes are ok, the rest is not that important. Thanks !

I listened to the whole song on soundcloud (i didn't watch the video). I thought it's an interesting vision of dystopia. (these words were in my head before he talks about the opposite Utopia near the finish). The lyrics made me feel uneasy. The song/the melodys left me feeling a bit "out of sorts" (this i mean nervous, uneasy). I wouldn't be happy hearing these lyrical ideas during a trance set at a trance club.

I enjoyed the vocal at 2.28.

yes, its hard piece to swallow, but its true and iam happy to nail that feeling i had. and you can also see it possitively. its very liberating to admit that this world is disappointing thus there is no point to be part of it. and by this world i dont mean our existence on planet earth, but the world of modern man we have created.

In terms of the inspiration for this track, I think you're coming from the same place as me. My last album was put together with exactly the same underlying idea and dissatisfaction.

I liked the mix on here, It was clear and smooth. I liked the low end. Shaking my world.

Good work :)

I find this more akin to EBM than EDM (not that it's either - just making references). I'd categorize this, based on tone, more in the very, very broadest sense of "electro-industrial".

I liked it - well done. If possible, try a cut that's 5-7 minutes and see if you like how that tightens things up. I know I'm trying to force myself to pare things down in my tracks, as it's easy to let them run. just try fading out at some point in the section where you drop the beat. And maybe move some of that earlier in the track to break things up. These are small nits. I'll be checking out your other tracks.

vito: Yes, its more EBM than EDM, and yes, it should be little bit shorter in this case. Its because it was more like trance track at the begining, but after adding voice it changed its course to more darker industrial feel. I dont like to force myself to make just one genre. I like to mix things up and see what happens.

Return to “Music Cafe”