Sonimus plugins appreciation.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own SonEQ Free, SonEQ Pro, Sweetone, Satson and StonEQ 4K.

SoneEQ Pro was the first professional EQ plugin I ever bought. Before that I either used stock plugins or freeware. Sonimus plugins along with plug-ins from Fuse Audio & Klanghelm make for an absolutely insane combo of affordable analogue sounding effects.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Right at the beginning the dev posted on KVR but basically got hounded for no good reason by a clown here. He doesn't seem to post anymore.

I find the sound of their plugins very nice indeed.

Thanks to whoever mentioned Britson as gain staging plugin. I don't know why I didn't think of it (probably i have way too many plugins that it's clouding my judgement). I went ahead with Britson as first plugin in all tracks, and the results were really astonishing.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

samsam wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:03 am Right at the beginning the dev posted on KVR but basically got hounded for no good reason by a clown here. He doesn't seem to post anymore.

I find the sound of their plugins very nice indeed.
One of the developers is a good friend of mine and reads everything people say on KVR and Gearslutz, mainly because I tell him about it. He posted earlier in the thread and they always appreciate the feedback.

Here's to more Sonimus in the future!

They are all TOP!

I have Satson CS, StoneEQ 4k and TuCo. They're all top notch quality at very reasonable prices.
I use Satson CS all the time. It's great on buses for gluing multiple tracks together. StoneEQ is still useful when you just want an EQ module with built in saturation.

I've also started using TuCo a lot recently. It takes some getting used to, but it works great on drums. The Drive and Mix knobs are great for making everything really punchy.
Will probably get Sweetone too. I have several surgical EQ's, but Sweetone seems great for overall shaping of the tone.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 pm I have Satson CS, StoneEQ 4k and TuCo. They're all top notch quality at very reasonable prices.
I use Satson CS all the time. It's great on buses for gluing multiple tracks together. StoneEQ is still useful when you just want an EQ module with built in saturation.

I've also started using TuCo a lot recently. It takes some getting used to, but it works great on drums. The Drive and Mix knobs are great for making everything really punchy.
Will probably get Sweetone too. I have several surgical EQ's, but Sweetone seems great for overall shaping of the tone.
Sweetone is one of the best in my opinion. The preamp is a super nice flavour and whilst I love running satson for it's filters, the filters on sweetone are so damn smooth, combined with the tilt filter it's a really powerful mixing tool.

TuCo took a bit of getting used to for me as well, also love it on drums.
Here's to more Sonimus in the future!
Definetely!

s28 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:18 pm Sweetone is one of the best in my opinion. The preamp is a super nice flavour and whilst I love running satson for it's filters, the filters on sweetone are so damn smooth, combined with the tilt filter it's a really powerful mixing tool.

+1 on Sweetone. What about TuCo requires getting used to???

Symphony Sid wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:26 pm
s28 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:18 pm Sweetone is one of the best in my opinion. The preamp is a super nice flavour and whilst I love running satson for it's filters, the filters on sweetone are so damn smooth, combined with the tilt filter it's a really powerful mixing tool.

It doesn't have traditional threshold, attack, ratio or knee controls. You just have to use your ears and get used to how it does things.

Symphony Sid wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:26 pm

I just had to find it's place in my sound. It's really versatile so I kept finding new uses for it.... hence a bit of getting used to.

FYI TuCo is 50% off right now

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey guys!
Make sure to check out Sonimus' latest sale, the "Easter Sale"... ending in a few days. April 7th - all plugins 20% Off
https://sonimus.com/products (https://sonimus.com/products)

I read in other forum that Sonimus are developing new console emulations together with a MKII Satson and Britson that will be released within the next few months. All them with Apple Silicon support.
I am a big fan of Britson and Satson and I use them all the time. I look forward to have a new color for my mixes and fully support for my M1 mac.

Love Sonimus. I own every plugin by them and they've been all over my mix's for years. Sweetone might be my my most used plugin ever followed by the Burnley EQ. Great stuff
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

cbricius wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:40 am I read in other forum that Sonimus are developing new console emulations together with a MKII Satson and Britson that will be released within the next few months. All them with Apple Silicon support.
I am a big fan of Britson and Satson and I use them all the time. I look forward to have a new color for my mixes and fully support for my M1 mac.
hopefully coming soon as i'm on m1 and do miss the sonimus plugins - they are a bit slower than other companies but i love their stuff and it all sounds great.

look forward to getting satson again, especially if it's an mkII version

Return to “Effects”