Voxengo CRTIV Reverb stereo reverberation plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is true that the pedal pic is just a screen waster and it also looks out of place, IMO, too. I would also agree about adding the LFO. Losing the pedal pic would make some nice space for additional controls! :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:It is true that the pedal pic is just a screen waster and it also looks out of place, IMO, too. I would also agree about adding the LFO. Losing the pedal pic would make some nice space for additional controls! :tu:
this creative serie is a really good idea , i 'd really love to have a full load of FX in a rack , with a modulation input on every parameter :love: :love: :love:

Let's look to best practices in user experience design. There are two that are relevant: ensure all visuals are contextually related to function, and reduce clutter to help reduce cognitive load.

Does the picture of the pedal have any functionality? no

Does the pedal have any contextual relationship that helps the user? minimal to no.

Does the picture of the pedal increase the visual clutter of the UI? yes

Bonus: Can the picture of the pedal potentially confuse users? yes

From a UX perspective, there would be a strong recommendation to remove it.

I saw the guitar pedal graphic and thought why emulating some shitty Boss pedal reverb?
I didnt even consider demoing it.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Buyer's market tough today ;)

Thought it sounded fine.

I would have prefered a Pristine Space update ...

Necro, but i just started using this.
It's so smooth and warm and fuzzy, like a plush hoodie...
it's a reverb, in a sense when someone says " put some reverb on it ".
Very nice. Reminds me of AD Eos a little.

Caught myself using it very often, and i have more than a couple of reverbs.

underrated like 90% of Voxengo's stuff anyway.

Edit; just read the thread, i downloaded it after pedal gfx was removed and i pulled transparency on wood panels to 0 :party: :party:
Looks great sounds even better

Just discovered and bought this reverb recently as I've been on a bit of a mission to replace my regular gotos with Voxengo plugins, for a variety of reasons.

Yeah the CPU hit is very high at 8% but that's because I KNOW it's processing at a seriously high quality (64-bit internal, true stereo). Crank the Room size and listen to that tail, oh my! Just beautiful. Makes those metallic Exponential Audio reverbs sound like busted spring tanks. Instantly the default setting on a drum bus floored me.

Should also mention I love the new 'Black' GUI, especially on these CRTIV series plugins. Looks slick.

Would love to see Voxengo emulate a BBD analog delay pedal with modulation, like the Memory Man or Carbon Copy.

hivkorn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:13 pm i think you should replace the picture of guitar pedal with something else , because my first reaction when i see the post was :" ho again a new guitar verb ..." , the same for your chorus...
Agreed, though for a different reason. Personally, I love the look of the knobs and the GUI in general except for that pedal image. I think it just doesn't go with the rest of the GUI at all, like it was tacked on last-minute.

Looking forward to hearing what this puppy sounds like!

Russell Grand wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:42 am
hivkorn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:13 pm i think you should replace the picture of guitar pedal with something else , because my first reaction when i see the post was :" ho again a new guitar verb ..." , the same for your chorus...
Agreed, though for a different reason. Personally, I love the look of the knobs and the GUI in general except for that pedal image. I think it just doesn't go with the rest of the GUI at all, like it was tacked on last-minute.

Looking forward to hearing what this puppy sounds like!
I agree the Boss style pedal looked silly and was a waste of space - went against the form/function visual ethos of Voxengo plugins in general.

But don't worry since V2 it's gone now...

Metering is much more useful!

You have to try this. Just doing shootouts and it's deeper and more lively than most in my list (Valhalla, Exponential, Fabfilter etc). I can only get Seventh Heaven in a few of the Chamber modes to get in the same ballpark. I will definitely be reaching for this on my reverb send.

I agree - it's one of the plugins i tried when getting the premium sub that i didn't think would use - but it finds its way into my projects constantly.
It's just so spacious and lush. It's become one of my favourite prominent reverbs.

Have to try it in a more subtle context as well

I guess the only thing missing is a pre-delay? But I already find I don't miss it.

Thanks for your feedback! I have not included a separate "Pre delay" control as I think it's redundant - the early reflection and tail model "stretches" the pre delay according to Room Size and Ambience settings, so you can usually find a sweet spot anyway even without a dedicated "Pre delay" parameter.

Aleksey Vaneev wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:58 am Thanks for your feedback! I have not included a separate "Pre delay" control as I think it's redundant - the early reflection and tail model "stretches" the pre delay according to Room Size and Ambience settings, so you can usually find a sweet spot anyway even without a dedicated "Pre delay" parameter.
I totally understand that. It makes sense in terms of realism to have the pre-delay coupled to the room size. The larger the room the longer the pre-delay, right? :tu:

There's no metallic graininess in the tail of this reverb - how did you do that! It's also quite detailed with no obvious "modulation" going on, which I like. On a drum bus compared to other reverbs... it's like the drums have space and depth behind and around them while they simultaneously also jump forward out of the speakers. With Pro-R at the same 50% wet/dry the drums are instantly "pushed back", no matter how I set it. I guess having separate wet/dry controls on the CRTIV Reverb accounts for a lot of that, but still. Pushing elements backwards might seem desirable and it helps to create "depth", but not if you want to retain the punch and power of drums, and not smear or blur them. Still, you can up the room size and drop the Dry control and push things really far back with the CRTIV Reverb if you want to.

So far I've only found Seventh Heaven (hybrid convolution/algo - and I don't have the Pro version) to have this same "expensive" gloss/enhancing verb sound. I have a bunch of reverbs so I'll keep testing and see if I can find anything that directly compares.

So impressed I bought 2 other plguins from the CRTIV series today <3

It does have modulation going on, but it's very modest, just to create a classic "downtune" vibe to the reverb tail. Note that CRTIV Reverb 2 is fully "algo" reverb, no convolution is used. I admit, early reflections are not as smooth as could be possible with convolution, but I assumed they are just smooth enough for practical use.

Return to “Effects”