Zoom R8 project to Cubase...help!

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Burnt Fajita
KVRer
2 posts since 10 Apr, 2020

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:08 am

Hi there,

Apologies if this is a really simple thing I'm missing but I cant seem to shift my zoom r8 projects into cubase intact.

So...I've got 8 mono tracks that make up one stereo song (project) on the zoom - mixed and mastered on the zoom. The song sounds great but I want to do some more editing, tweaking, etc on the PC using cubase. When I try to import the project into cubase it seems there are only 2 options:

- Import the master .WAV which is a single stereo file (i.e. I can't adjust the individual 8 tracks that make up the master)

- Import each mono track separately (i.e. non-mixed) - but then I have to spend hours trying to re-create the track alignment, volumes, FX, etc in cubase (i.e. I've lost all the structure of the song)

I must be missing something obvious here, but how do I shift, like for like, my zoom project into cubase for further editing?

Any help or links to guidance, etc greatly appreciated!

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
14896 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Re: Zoom R8 project to Cubase...help!

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:24 am

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Burnt Fajita
KVRer
2 posts since 10 Apr, 2020

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:54 am

Wow, thanks for this pal - My R8 only came with an Operation Manual so I've obvs been flying blind...looks like the answer lies within :)

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
14896 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:56 am

Burnt Fajita wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:54 am
Wow, thanks for this pal - My R8 only came with an Operation Manual so I've obvs been flying blind...looks like the answer lies within :)
:tu:

Happy to help.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Production Techniques”