Spontaneous recording

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another attempt to spontaneously put something together and just record it with my iPhone.

https://soundcloud.com/user-414209584-7 ... nth-widdle

I programmed a sequence blind into an Arturia Keystep connected to a Behringer Neutron, and quickly programmed drums into a Behringer RD-8. I hit record and played over this with a preset from a Yamaha MX61.

No edits, just the way it was played - took less than 10 minutes from start to ending recording. Mastered it a little in iZotope Ozone to improve the sound a little, and that was it.

Dig it 8)

Thanks! I’m doing this a lot more right now - just record something without preparation. My laptop was in a different room so I spent just a few minutes programming, then just hit record on my phone.

I’ll probably start doing the same with some other instruments too.

Yup, having fun is the most satisfying ingredient of creating music.
Sounded pretty darn cool

Thanks! It’s definitely fun to just play something without having to plan it out.

Now that is the way to get ideas flowing. It has a really catchy bassline. Lots of potential for polish here if that is what you want to do with it. I really enjoyed listening to it as is. :tu:

Thanks! I wasn’t really thinking of doing more with it, but maybe I can record the bass and drums into separate tracks and work on it.

Cool jam. This is a nice way to come up with ideas. Sounds like you were full of energy on that day!
The lead synth has a nice sound. The neutron sounds pretty good.
Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”