Favorite VST for drums and percussion?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Favorite VST for drums and percussion? Free or paid.

Drum Machines?

XLN XO and Maschine

Atlas, Addictive Drums
Punchbox

Here we go again...
GrooveAgent.

XLN XO, FXpansion Geist 2, Native Instruments Battery 4, XLN Addictive Drums, Sonic Charge Microtonic.

Honorable mention to and recommendation for Sitala (free) though I do not need it.

Like others, I have a handful of them. Can't say any one of them was "the favorite" though. That would imply only one, which obviously is a point getting missed again so that everyone feels the need to list every drum plugin they own.

And I'm still looking for the one that is the most intuitive for me.
So far, they're all as bad as real drummers, except they shut up when you tell them.
;)

Rob Papen Punch2 :)

BBFG# wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:37 pm Like others, I have a handful of them. Can't say any one of them was "the favorite" though. That would imply only one, which obviously is a point getting missed again so that everyone feels the need to list every drum plugin they own.
Yeah, that's true and I listed two. I also have a few others that were mentioned in this thread.

With that said.. If I had to choose only "one" at this very moment, it would be XLN XO.

Arturia Spark,
On the cheaper end,SuperWave do a lot of decent machines,707,808,909,Mini Pops

drumcore3 free

it has two free kits
the ludwig kit was inspired by ringo starr's kit, i guess

for those that don't know, ringo drummed for the beatles
for those in deep denial, the beatles are the best
so there , mmmmkay? :lol:

here's paul mccartney playing ringo's ludwig drum kit?

https://youtu.be/12R4FzIhdoQ
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

MT-Power Drumkit

For acoustic drums superior drums 3. Tons of packaages and the last one are absolutely stunning (death and darkness, rooms of hansa). It´s great to set up and you have lots of possibilities to shape the sound. An immense midi library is a plus. The internal midi editor is also very nice. And i think you can get a good percussion library - orchestra bla something. ;)
SSD5 is nice too but more limited. BFD to slow to setup and addictive more in a pop rock genre and also the shells doesn´t sound that nice compared to sd3 and ssd5.
for electronic stuff i mostly use the ableton drum rack as i like to choose from different samplelibs. otherwise battery is still very nice, geist 2 is massive but battery seems to be quicker to set up everything. Kick2 is awesome for kick design, Punchbox too but i prefer Kick2 as you can setup things so easy.
UVI Drumdesigner is good too, but still not used it too much.
Depends what you want to go for i think, especially for the electronic genre.

for acoustic drums: superior drummer 3 & their sdx death & darkness
for electric drums: wave alchemy drumvolution

ive been pretty stoked about sugarbytes drumcomputer. my fav. drum vsts before that were microtonic, punchbox, kick2, and battery. now i still use all those other ones, but now i mostly combine them with drumcomputer. even if im just using drumcomputer as a trigger...i still use it almost every time i have percussion now. rarely do i have drums where i DONT use drumcomputer for something.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Instruments”