Hoping for the next Aspect generation comming.

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know, I woundt be lucky in the next future regarding the next Aspect version.
But may be we can have some words from the developer that makes us hope, at least some hope.
Have so many synths, but Aspect is the only on that sounds warm and nice the way I like it.

Thanks for your kind words, classic.

I've been slowly working on and off on what will either be Aspect 1.8 or Aspect 2 for a while now. Once Architect is out of beta, I'll be able to spend proper development time finishing this, and several other, product updates. So watch this space!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

As fare as I rember, you wrote somewhere, the upgrade would be free.
I would pay for it a good dollar, just for the sound:)
If that gives you more ................motivation to burn down candles in the night to make it come quick:)

That's good of you to say classic; but you are correct when you said before that I said it'd be a free upgrade. Knowing you're hungry for it will hopefully give me the inspiration to get moving on it!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Damn...I love Aspect :love: :love:
just sayin... :wink:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

I spotted an Aspect 2 on the Architect mixer here: :D

https://i.imgur.com/2RdAEKt.png

as part of the first Architect post in the (old) 2018 thread:

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=517104

I'm also one of the Aspect fans: simple, intuitive, great sounding synth!

After many years of wanting Aspect I finally bought it yesterday!
So simple, truly a one-page synth with great versatility.
It's reminiscent of a focused version of VAZ Modular, my all-time favorite software mod.
Is there some kind of saturation going on in either the filters or output section? There's "something extra" that happens harmonically on certain patches that takes it beyond what I expect from a 2-Osc + Noise VA.

It's lovely as is, suggestions for future development:
- Different Noise colors, to free up the need to run through filter
- "Pulse" Width/Phase adjustments for non-Square waveforms (both Osc & LFO)
- Ability to modulate LFOs with the 3 slots, even when Sync'ed to tempo values (as an offset, why not?)
- Sub-oscillators?
- As you're re-writing the MIDI book with Architect, some kind of sequencer/arpeggiator, and MPE

Thanks!

Thanks Winstontaneous! All good suggestions, and definitely along the lines of where the next update is heading.

My plan is to bundle the changes I have as a 1.n release, then look forward to a 2.0 (as a free update) that addresses some of the issues that I can't fix without (slightly) changing the preset format.

I was looking at what is involved in adding MPE just last week in fact. And pleased that the answer was: very little work!

By the way, are there any sources for presets for Aspect, I never found something.

Someone sent me a dropbox of presets a while back: I'll see if I can find the link and then share it on.

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/shpa3pj4atkm ... 2gwLa?dl=0

I'm pretty sure that you don't need a dropbox account to download or browse that folder.

Thanks a lot:)

Still patiently waiting here as well :) Love the sound of this synth. Hoping for scalable ui next. I asked Colin many many years ago about the possibility to have FM, crossmod, sync whatever crazy shit is possible

watching

colin@loomer wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:35 am I was looking at what is involved in adding MPE just last week in fact. And pleased that the answer was: very little work!
This would be a great addition!

Return to “Loomer”