BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:55 am
bojanboyss wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 pm First, I made some rather small modifications (hoping improvements) to factory skins. Those I can share, link will be near bottom of this post.
I kinda feel bad about the fact that you did so much work on this. Probably this are things that I can fix quickly. I didn't check Telurica skins (my bad), only checked included "studio" skins. So maybe I messed something up with backwards compatibility, so I will fix this in next release.
I changed naming of tags, but all old color tags shhould be supported, I will re-check this.
Thanks. I checked those lines first, then I noticed some spaces behind letters in lines so tried that (skin that was working that I used as a reference had that, skin that didn't work haven't)... In the end is was just because of the skin name. Some factory skins have special signs like "_" and upper case but didn't want to risk spending more time and I just used lower case for skin names and no special sings and it worked. Simple as that :)
Didn't came to my mind I can request fix since they are 3rd party skins

I am not seeing the skin menu at all on my copy of BlueARP.

Edit:
2.2.11 works, but 2.2.12 does not work. This is Windows 10.

Hi Guys

I have an issue with the Arp
My looping is not working and basically, when I press any note on the keyboard it stops after a few notes maybe 3-4 and not looping any idea why?

Thank you very much in advance

courtjestr wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:59 am I am not seeing the skin menu at all on my copy of BlueARP.

Edit:
Not sure if this will help but doesn't hurt to try. I was always coping new version files over older version. After 2.2.11 something changed so I got crashes. To test I extracted new version to new folder and it worked correctly. Try that

Antduaan wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:53 am Hi Guys

My looping is not working and basically, when I press any note on the keyboard it stops after a few notes maybe 3-4 and not looping any idea why?

You see what is happening, we don't, so at least give more details, or better to provide a video or some screen shots to help diagnosing the issue you have.

bojanboyss wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:45 am
courtjestr wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:59 am I am not seeing the skin menu at all on my copy of BlueARP.

Edit:
Not sure if this will help but doesn't hurt to try. I was always coping new version files over older version. After 2.2.11 something changed so I got crashes. To test I extracted new version to new folder and it worked correctly. Try that
Thanks for the suggestion. That is exactly how I tested to see which version actually worked on my machine. I ran each version from it's own folder. I never got any crashes, just no skins menu.

@courtjestr
graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:06 pm Pre-release: BlueARP v2.2.12

Mostly updates related to Unify and other minor changes:
1. 'GUI Scale' and 'Skin' settings moved from MENU to SETTINGS on the left panel
Then its probably this
skins.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Don't I feel foolish now. I should have checked the changelog for 2.2.12. I was going by the available manual which has not been updated for changes past 2.2.9. I felt it was something like that, because I couldn't see that such a glaring bug would not manifest itself and be reported before now. Glad it is not a bug but a feature. Thanks!

courtjestr wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:08 pm Don't I feel foolish now...
Exact same happened to me also :D
Im watching this forum because thats the only way to get informed about updates AFAIK. That or checking bluearp web page each day which isn't convenient. Maybe kvr product page but not sure if its regularly updated, gonna try.
Anyhow in this place is change-log unlike in all other. Wish there was mail subscription possible or kvr news item with each update with changelog.

Good idea. I am now subscribed to this topic.

bojanboyss wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:15 pm
graywolf2004 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:55 am
bojanboyss wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 pm First, I made some rather small modifications (hoping improvements) to factory skins. Those I can share, link will be near bottom of this post.
I kinda feel bad about the fact that you did so much work on this. Probably this are things that I can fix quickly. I didn't check Telurica skins (my bad), only checked included "studio" skins. So maybe I messed something up with backwards compatibility, so I will fix this in next release.
I changed naming of tags, but all old color tags should be supported, I will re-check this.
Thanks. I checked those lines first, then I noticed some spaces behind letters in lines so tried that (skin that was working that I used as a reference had that, skin that didn't work haven't)... In the end is was just because of the skin name. Some factory skins have special signs like "_" and upper case but didn't want to risk spending more time and I just used lower case for skin names and no special sings and it worked. Simple as that :)
Didn't came to my mind I can request fix since they are 3rd party skins
I had a string length overflow there that caused crash. As simple as that (
Now it is fixed. Also as I wrote before I changed skin file format (color tag names), but all existing skins should be supported. Basically skin module reads old color tag names along with new ones.
I re-checked skins by satYatunes and Telurica and fixed some "old color tag" - "new color tag" mappings which I messed up. Now they should work and should look the same.
Also working on the updated manual, cause a year passed since last update. Gonna post the updated version tomorrow.

phreaque wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:39 pm

You see what is happening, we don't, so at least give more details, or better to provide a video or some screen shots to help diagnosing the issue you have.
Thanks for the reply
here is the link to the video https://www.dropbox.com/sh/90a2epwfue47 ... ZcbUa?dl=0

Thanks, A lot

Can you be more specific (which OS, DAW, maybe a video clip with the issue). Cause from the description it's not clear for me what is wrong.
If you have your DAW stopped and pressing the keys, BlueARP will keep rolling its steps as long as something is pressed. As soon as you release all keys, it will stop after a small time-out (around 1 sec). This is as it should be. If you press PLAY in your DAW, BlueARP's steps will keep rolling no matter if you press keys or not.
Edit OK, now I see your video. Does Ableton freeze at this point or it is only BlueARP who freezes? I'm asking cause when BlueARP steps freeze, at the same time song position on the top freezes at 118:3:2. Maybe this is the case.

bojanboyss wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:27 pm
courtjestr wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:08 pm Don't I feel foolish now...
Exact same happened to me also :D
Im watching this forum because thats the only way to get informed about updates AFAIK. That or checking bluearp web page each day which isn't convenient. Maybe kvr product page but not sure if its regularly updated, gonna try.
Anyhow in this place is change-log unlike in all other. Wish there was mail subscription possible or kvr news item with each update with changelog.
Can you please check if skins are now OK?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eGPnV ... 9jRxr7QAVe
(hope you are on Windows cause I don't have access to my mac mini now to compile mac version)
I will post it to my web site as soon as I finish updating the manual.

this is BlueARP v2.3.1b (fixed issues with skins by Telurica and satYatunes)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eGPnV ... 9jRxr7QAVe
(windows version)

Return to “Instruments”