2 new songs: 1 tech-house & 1 techno

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for listening. Appreciate any feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/s ... sweet-acid

Track 1 - Turned off after a minute and a half. Was going absolutely nowhere. Sounds like you took a beat out of a sample pack and called it a song.

Track 2 - Sounds like you threw on the random function on a sequencer and added some noises around it. Turned this off after a minute because it was driving me crazy. The mix, I must say, is pretty cool in places. So there's that. But musically, not my thing at all.

Thanks for listening Wagtunes!

1/ I call it a "track" (i don't want to step on the toes of the people who call themselves "songwriters").
It has a sub bassline which i made, maybe you can't hear it.
Also i made the riser.
Actually it isn't just a drumloop. It's a high-hat/top loop but then i've added the kick and the clap. I just can't make a hihat/groove sound like this if i program it.

2/ I don't have a random function AFAIK except Pigments which i haven't used it yet. (i've used pigments but haven't used the random function). I was thinking/wondering why more soft synths don't have a "random" LFO. Actually this was made by an LFO automating the pitch, or rather the "G-Env" of Sonic Academy's Ana 2.
But at the beginning of this "track" i've got the "acid"/303 "bassline" and i 've got another sub-bass bassline, and i've got the random pitchy sound. Well i'm glad you liked the mix, at least i am going somewhere since last time. :D

I think i know the dance music you want to hear, Wagtunes. It has an arrangement like orchestration which evolves over time or different sections.
For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1RCys4R0g
This is pop dance, but i mean proper club dance similar of this. I have heard such music in my clubbing years, and i do like it. In actual fact i call it "the spectaculars" because it has spectacular arrangement/composition/orchestration. In actual fact i would like to make music like this, but you'll have to give me a few years Wagtunes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnpzOI7nAfc

Let me know what you think about these compositions Wagtunes. :)

I think your music is for a certain club scene. And it might go down well there, but the average person in the KVR cafe isn't hanging in those clubs at 2am, so you might not get the response you're looking for.

Bansaw wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:13 pm I think your music is for a certain club scene. And it might go down well there, but the average person in the KVR cafe isn't hanging in those clubs at 2am, so you might not get the response you're looking for.
Thanks.

Well it's a story of a few months. I didn't know what i was looking for, but my mixing wasn't too hot and Wagtunes thankfully pointed it out to me, and i'm on my way to putting it right now.

But also Wagtunes suggested that i keep plugging away in the Music Cafe and that there are people who probably like my music here.

I joined KVR because i needed some techie help and also i thought i might like a crack at the OSC competition. I've got lots to learn, and i make music every day, different types of music. There are people here who want to put you right where you're going wrong. I've found them helpful and quite knowledgeable. Thecontrolcentre particularly has been very helpful as well as Wagtunes. I said to Wagtunes "if there's nobody in Music Cafe who wants to listen to my music then i'll stop" but he said "no, carry on".

The thing is with Wagtunes, that he seems to want to listen to dance/electronic but he prefers it more traditional Western harmonic i think. He doesn't seem to mind to listen to even this for a minute or two then say a few words, which is helpful to me, and my songs won't all be the same like this.

What Wagtunes says about his attention/tolerance to listening to my music, is useful to me, because there are other people who are "dance music interested" and they might enjoy my songs if my songs didn't have the problems Wagtunes mentioned, so i take it on board and remain "in 2 minds" about it. I agree with what you say Bansaw that there are other similar songs to my songs which are enjoyed at nightclubs between 12am to 7am in the morning (or later!) across the world.

Anyway, i think nobody are going to clubs at the moment because of the coronavirus.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Fri May 15, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

At this moment in time 11.49pm UK time i've had 21 listens to the first song and 7 listens to the second song, but not all that is by KVR. There's other tech-house in Music Cafe (i listened last week) and other techno (i listened today).

Bansaw wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:13 pm I think your music is for a certain club scene. And it might go down well there,
But they're not listening to my music there. They've never heard of me! I don't know whose music they're playing but it isn't mine i know for certain.

I still have things to learn. I'm a learner.

After i joined KVR for other reasons i had a look around and i found Music Cafe and i thought "well i've nothing to lose by putting my songs here".

There are people listening to other people's tech-house and leaving comments in Muisc Cafe and people listening to other people's techno and leaving comments in Music Cafe. I've made a point of listening so that my use of Music Cafe is reciprocal.

Here is one of my other songs of a different genre/subgenre of dance, including Wagtunes' helpful commenting on it:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=540774

I know there are places which play music similar of mine except mature/advanced/finished:
Fabric nightclub in London
DC10 nightclub in Ibiza
Pacha nightclub in Ibiza
There was a very famous nightclub called Space in Ibiza. Everybody who makes tech-house or techno has heard of Space nightclub in Ibiza.

Return to “Music Cafe”