Project crashes xt on opening

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I got a project im working on in ext 3 and when opening the project ext 3 crashes. Is there a temporary project folder somewhere ?

Thanks.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hi!
Unfortunately I'm quite sure that no temporary folders are created/used by Ext 3.
For some situations I remember it helped to rename energyXT.ini, although I doubt that this will help in your case.
I assume you worked on that project and maybe added a plugin or something and from that moment on when loading it it now crashes.
Although I start energyXT daily, I do not really work on projects and it's too long ago that I better knew what to do in such a case. Most probably the project file itself is corrupt and if you do not have a older copy of it somewhere than maybe only binary editing of the project file would help, but this is something I would not really dare.
Maybe you could try to remember the last plugin(s) you added and rename that/those plugin(s) so that the project even fails to load it/them and therefore may be able to load without a crash...
Good luck!

hhh
Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZonderP wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:28 pm Hi!
Unfortunately I'm quite sure that no temporary folders are created/used by Ext 3.
For some situations I remember it helped to rename energyXT.ini, although I doubt that this will help in your case.
I assume you worked on that project and maybe added a plugin or something and from that moment on when loading it it now crashes.
Although I start energyXT daily, I do not really work on projects and it's too long ago that I better knew what to do in such a case. Most probably the project file itself is corrupt and if you do not have a older copy of it somewhere than maybe only binary editing of the project file would help, but this is something I would not really dare.
Maybe you could try to remember the last plugin(s) you added and rename that/those plugin(s) so that the project even fails to load it/them and therefore may be able to load without a crash...
Good luck!
I tried deleting the ini file but no luck. I think Kushview Element was the last plugin i inserted, so i deleted it from my vst folder but nothing. The project is corrupted indeed. But thanks for your help :tu:
codec_spurt wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:32 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:54 pm Hi. I got a project im working on in ext 3 and when opening the project ext 3 crashes. Is there a temporary project folder somewhere ?

Thanks.

If it's that important you can send it to me to have a look at. I'm not promising anything. I don't really use xt3 that much, more previous versions, but I guess the same f**ked up file structure is there.

There's also stuff on this forum about reconstituting old tracks.

XT is messed up. But it does give a lot of info in the project files if you don't mind getting your hands dirty with a text editor.

And if there is a temp audio folder it will be referenced for sure in the project file.
Hi. None of my projects shows up in C:/Program Files(×86), only the demo project files. I assume they are hidden.

Also i just noticed i havent set up a temp audio folder. I thought there already was one. Oh well. Thanks for your help though :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Oh and one more thing, i remember getting an error saying something about synthedit just before it crashed for the first time. But i dont think i used a synthedit plugin in that project. I'll keep investigating

You could try renaming your VST folder so ext won't find any plugin on startup, and see if it loads. If so, by the process of elimination you can find the guilty dll. If not… you're probably SOL :shrug:

fj

Return to “energyXT”