IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You'd think this would have been wrapped up a lot sooner since the tour is cancelled. There is no reason to coordinate it with a tour. Pre-order on this started in January. I don't really care about the Satriani part, I just want the Tube Driver, Rockman and updated 5150.

IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani your Pre-Orderers want to hear from you!
Say NO to CLAP!

Angle Loss wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:45 pm You'd think this would have been wrapped up a lot sooner since the tour is cancelled. There is no reason to coordinate it with a tour. Pre-order on this started in January. I don't really care about the Satriani part, I just want the Tube Driver, Rockman and updated 5150.
I think Covid 19 hit the ik team thus delaying the release.

It could be that Joe won't sign off on final approval until IK finally fixes AmpliTube's notoriously weak and toothless low end response. :shrug:

The last posts from Ryan and Peter seem to indicate that Satriani was holding IK to a "high standard" to give his 100% approval, which says to me he wasn't happy with the models. Likely his signature amp, since it's particularly Marshalls where AmpliTube lacks bite on the low strings.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Perhaps it has been delayed because they have been working on this :o :shock: :wheee:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=s ... safespacer

Say NO to CLAP!

Nah. That's hardware. It would have a totally different development team than AmpliTube.

And think about it: In the time since AmpliTube Joe Satriani was supposed to be released, IK has released ARC 3, T-RackS 5.3.2, SampleTank 4.1.0, SampleTank 4 CS, 6 new SampleTank expansion libraries, SampleTank Editor, Hammond B-3X 1.2 & 1.3, iRig Pro Duo I/O, new custom ASIO drivers, and now Safe Spacer.

For whatever reason, Joe Satriani isn't signing off on AmpliTube JS.

...Maybe he's signed a deal with Brainworx now, too. :shock:

Two months of radio silence. Not good. Not good at all.

jinotsuh wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 pm Perhaps it has been delayed because they have been working on this :o :shock: :wheee:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=s ... safespacer
peter already told us off for joking about this the other day in off topic, so i wont comment on said item..
but two months of radio silence, except to admonish me for coding an ikmbullshit monitor

They have also been deleting posts over on the official IK forums in the AT4 JS thread, there was nothing really wrong with what was posted, 1 was something like "any month now" it was deleted, I seen at least 3 deleted which there was really nothing wrong with, must be a touchy subject.

Say NO to CLAP!

Ok, just for the record... who is Joe Satriani?

jinotsuh wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:30 am They have also been deleting posts over on the official IK forums in the AT4 JS thread, there was nothing really wrong with what was posted, 1 was something like "any month now" it was deleted, I seen at least 3 deleted which there was really nothing wrong with, must be a touchy subject.

Well, at least the AmpliTube Joe Satriani page is still up at ikmultimedia.com... for now. :scared:

How long until they delete that, too?

jinotsuh wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:30 am They have also been deleting posts over on the official IK forums in the AT4 JS thread, there was nothing really wrong with what was posted, 1 was something like "any month now" it was deleted, I seen at least 3 deleted which there was really nothing wrong with, must be a touchy subject.
well, thats totally low blow. must be an italian way of doing business. just delete the bad reviews. :)
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

excuse me please wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:36 am Ok, just for the record... who is Joe Satriani?
seriously?

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

jamcat wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:22 am

Well, at least the AmpliTube Joe Satriani page is still up at ikmultimedia.com... for now. :scared:

How long until they delete that, too?
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/satriani/

I say, good for Joe if he is calling IKM out on the quality of their stuff.

who is Joe Satriani?
as of 2020, an irrelevant figure, who hasn't released a decent album in years. seems like he stopped caring. his tone and his licks is the same old chewed up bubblegum. it is so familiar and rehashed, it leaves a bad taste and breeds contempt.

he's a "has-been", who rehashes his old tunes in concert and lives off past fame. not that he's the only "has-been" who does this, but still. he's also an endorsement whore.

if you think of it, hardly anyone really needs Joe Satriani in 2020, except for his nostalgic followers. he's just got nothing more to say as a musician. he's played out.

I appreciate Steve Vai for not churning out mediocre albums every two years strictly because of contractual obligations. his last proper studio record was eight years ago, it wasn't exactly great, Steve knew it, chose to leave it at that. well done, Steve. I hope he still makes a quality record in a few years.

Return to “Effects”