Toontrack EZbass - now includes Trilian key switch mapping info

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kovacs wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:25 pm Who else is getting EZ Bass?
Me definitely, as quickly as I possibly can (since I do have a full time job that needs to be taken care of first) :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

rollasoc wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:07 pm
kovacs wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:25 pm Who else is getting EZ Bass?
Might have to wait until payday.... We shall see....
I lucked out...my payday is the 19th. :o :help:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:25 pm So...just one more day now. I am grabbing this on launch day for sure. This is the plugin I've been waiting for for years. :party:

Who else is getting EZ Bass?
I preordered. I couldn't agree with you more that this is the plugin I've been waiting for. Personally, it couldn't come at a better time for me since chemotherapy this past year saved my life but left me with nerve damage in my hands and feet, unable to play guitar or bass (for now). I fully intend to rock! :hyper:
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

starflakeprj wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:19 pm
rollasoc wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:29 am
Armadillo wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:08 pm It might not have the flexibility of Modo
Was thinking of using this to generate the midi and MODO to render. Might need to write a midi map between the different key switches. We shall see.
While this is possible, you still need to re-map midi notes telling the MODO what to slap, what to pick and so on. I'm not sure slides are interpreted the same either. Even though I own MODO already (as well as a couple of Ample Sound basses) I think I will mostly use EZbass from no on.
I was wondering the same thing. From the vid it looked like EZB would be easiest to do any articulations, slides, etc. and how nice it would be if the MIDI file could be generated from EZB to be used wherever else.

I'm looking forward to checking it out - I've been a big fan of EZ Drummer for a long time and this seems to be a great addition to the "EZ" line. I'm hoping there will be lots of "groove packs" as I suck at playing bass!

Guess they're basing it on when May 19th starts in the USA as it's still not live at 1.10AM BST.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 am Guess they're bassing it on when May 19th starts in the USA as it's still not live at 1.10AM BST.
FIFY. Puns.

Speaking of time... does anyone really know what time it's being released? I will stay up till midnight if I have to.

jeffb01 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:13 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:11 am Guess they're bassing it on when May 19th starts in the USA as it's still not live at 1.10AM BST.
FIFY. Puns.
That's low

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Out now
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Downloading....!!!!! It looks soooo good.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

The interface is a stunning improvement over EZKeys...wow. So smooth. Resizable. Yeeeees.

I hope someone comes up with a midi file converter app that would let us use the midi we generate and create in EZbass in other bass instruments, especially Modo Bass and Ample Sound basses, and Scarbee basses. Yes, the articulations would need to be converted.

Articulation wise EZbass seems far more superior than MODO and Scarbee at least. Possibly on par with Ample Sound, but do Ample Sound have slapping?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:26 am Articulation wise EZbass seems far more superior than MODO and Scarbee at least. Possibly on par with Ample Sound, but do Ample Sound have slapping?
Agree, I was thinking more of the other libraries‘s sounds and using them for that, but also transferring over common overlapping articulations.

That’s a good question, I’ll have to check if ample libraries have slapping.

I wonder how long before we see the first sound and midi expansions.

Return to “Instruments”