Toontrack EZbass - now includes Trilian key switch mapping info

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I´m pretty sure EZBass is only the beginning and Superior Bass will be released next year with a wider range of electric and acoustic bass guitars. Followed by extensions to build up a completely new Toontrack product line along with Superior Drummer.

enCiphered wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am I´m pretty sure EZBass is only the beginning and Superior Bass will be released next year
My immediate money would be on (besides expansion midi bass packs every month for the next year or so), is EZkeys 2 with the drag / drop convert audio to midi and other nice bits out of EZ bass.

dbender wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:47 am
starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:26 am Articulation wise EZbass seems far more superior than MODO and Scarbee at least. Possibly on par with Ample Sound, but do Ample Sound have slapping?
Agree, I was thinking more of the other libraries‘s sounds and using them for that, but also transferring over common overlapping articulations.

That’s a good question, I’ll have to check if ample libraries have slapping.

I wonder how long before we see the first sound and midi expansions.
I think I read somewhere that velocity 127 interprets as slap in the Ample Sound basses, but I haven't tested that. Makes sense though. And it would be cool of course to convert to other basses in case you would like other sounds. I have MODO, all the Scarbee basses as well as most of the Ample Sound basses. Still I would probably buy many of the upcoming expansions for EZbass.

I'm so looking forward to the midi expansions as well, they could be really useful addons, as playing styles are not my best skills :)

Now I'm just waiting for my workday to end so that I can test EZbass... :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

enCiphered wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:53 am I´m pretty sure EZBass is only the beginning and Superior Bass will be released next year with a wider range of electric and acoustic bass guitars. Followed by extensions to build up a completely new Toontrack product line along with Superior Drummer.
I'm not as sure. EZbass is already pretty competent comparing to EZdrummer. And there isn't a Superior Keys yet, as a comparison.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Anyone had a chance to compare the sound to MODO yet? From a UI standpoint this is obviously a win, but how do you feel about the sound and playability?

Now I would like to see the EZkeys series being scalable in an upcoming update.

Nice review/demo by Mike Luke:

https://youtu.be/lQwnCaeXHVM
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

OMG. I dragged an audio file of a full song bass onto the GUI and it converted it perfectly to MIDI. Zero errors.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:06 pm OMG. I dragged an audio file of a full song bass onto the GUI and it converted it perfectly to MIDI. Zero errors.
Will it do songs with other instruments? Or is that what you were saying?

Sorry I wasn't clearer, I just tried a bass stem so far.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

What's the lowest note on the EZbasses?

xphen0m wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:33 pm What's the lowest note on the EZbasses?
Saw it mentioned in a Toontrack video that it goes down to A0.

Bestservice has it for $135
https://www.bestservice.com/ezbass.html

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:20 pm Bestservice has it for $135
€149 if you live in Sweden to where they will add 25% tax. I bought it directly from Toontrack, which is the cheapest option if you pay in SEK. At least if you live in Sweden.

starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:52 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:20 pm Bestservice has it for $135
€149 if you live in Sweden to where they will add 25% tax. I bought it directly from Toontrack, which is the cheapest option if you pay in SEK. At least if you live in Sweden.
If you're in Sweden, the best price so far seems to be E-music: 1,249:- SEK (Toontrack direct: 1,295:-)
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”