RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Caine123 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:01 pm I hope i can throw avenger to trash then when you added granular synthesis!
Have you tried Arturia pigments for this - it's really nice-sounding granular.

"granular synthesis. Soonn"!!!

pretty stoked about this, I want to see more hybrid synthesis out there

is there any chance msegs will come along side it? msegs are much more useful for controlling granular synthesis than performance sequencers
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

And no codemeter or shit like that!
Come on parawave release some more awesome sound/preset packs and i hope people will get Rapid over Avenger! It is avengers biggest point still the great xps sucking in all the people including me before codemeter but with all the cp trouble i think many look for a better alternative.

Oh and Rapid is so light on cpu!
You definitely also need to release short walkthrough videos how this and that works. Also some Sound design videos etc. U need more marketing.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yep, I also think you need more marketing + sound designers like Aiyn Zahev on board for people such as me who are poor sound designers :-)

Caine123 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 am And no codemeter or shit like that!
Come on parawave release some more awesome sound/preset packs and i hope people will get Rapid over Avenger! It is avengers biggest point still the great xps sucking in all the people including me before codemeter but with all the cp trouble i think many look for a better alternative.

You definitely also need to release short walkthrough videos how this and that works. Also some Sound design videos etc. U need more marketing.
I agree - we need more walk throughs, tutorials, sound design videos. Please PARAWAVE !!! Maybe a Groove 3, ADSR etc course on Rapid.

That's right! I have both and Rapid has a much better workflow, some nice filters and never crashed. I only bought Avenger, because of some expansions.

Do we have any timeline on this- just ballpark- 1 month, 3, 6?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Rapid is in the top 3 VST ever made IMO and now it gets even better. Parawave got the sound quality right early and now the cool features come (it was already great on release) and no terrible, terrible copy protections.

clipnotic wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:04 am

That's right! I have both and Rapid has a much better workflow, some nice filters and never crashed. I only bought Avenger, because of some expansions.
i bought it because i really like the sound and its implementation of granular synthesis was awesome, and the XPs are really great too but it got a real SLOG on cpu and especially the drama and ignorance of the CP stuff where you cannot trust the dev anymore. Rapid should ramp up the marketing etc. and if it gets to be a worth contender with the XPs etc. as well Vengeance has to be careful not loosing users and maybe be more user friendly again. you know only if users run away companies act.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Btw any other xps planned? Why are there not many more i wonder? Hope sound designers get a fair cut :)

databroth wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:59 amis there any chance msegs will come along side it? msegs are much more useful for controlling granular synthesis than performance sequencers
Not in the next version. MSEGs are definitely planned but since we want to add a bunch of other features together with it (mapping for routing) it is a lot of work that would unnecessarily delay the Granular Synthesis release.
SLiC wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:26 am Do we have any timeline on this- just ballpark- 1 month, 3, 6?
At the moment it looks like this.
1.8 = Granular Synthesis = June/July
1.9 = MSEGs and friends = Later this year.

I know, it's kind of vague. Sometimes it's a lot of pushing back and forth. Therefore there are no fixed release dates. For example we postponed MSEGs for the sake of Granular Synthesis, but since the optimization process on GS took a bit longer, it's delayed further and further.
Caine123 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:32 pm Btw any other xps planned? Why are there not many more i wonder? Hope sound designers get a fair cut :)
More are planned. There are at least two or three being worked on. The only reason we haven't released ones more frequently is because it's hard to find reliable sound designers experienced with unique preset design. Not searching for the best, or the most well know, or even the cheapest. It's all about reliability. Doesn't help if the sound designer is creating presets like a maniac if he doesn't care about QA, or we still have to do 50% of the work to assemble a content mess.
zeph wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 6:36 amI agree - we need more walk throughs, tutorials, sound design videos. Please PARAWAVE !!! Maybe a Groove 3, ADSR etc course on Rapid.
I know, right? Would also love to see more videos. Let me say upfront: It's hard to reach ADSR and Groove 3 or other music production/tutorial channels. I'm sure you're aware that each company has their own interests and motives. Unfortunately we haven't found a good solution to this issue. Feel free to recommend reliable creators which are open to commissions.

Thanks for the feedback!

Terrific answers, cant wait!
Granular Synthesis ad MSEGs will put Rapid on even more peoples Radar- this attracts sounds packs and videos, its all linked!
There are also a lot of people looking for an alternative to Avenger, so your timing with granular is very good and faster than I was expecting!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Granular + MSEGs = some wicked psytrance rhythmic stuff :tu:

As the time goes, I become more and more happy that I decided to buy Rapid and not Avenger. One of the best investments into software synths I ever made.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

awesome, thanks so much for the replies!
so sound designers hop on this product!!!

parawave wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:25 pm
The only reason we haven't released ones more frequently is because it's hard to find reliable sound designers experienced with unique preset design. Not searching for the best, or the most well know, or even the cheapest. It's all about reliability. Doesn't help if the sound designer is creating presets like a maniac if he doesn't care about QA, or we still have to do 50% of the work to assemble a content mess.
I've never bought presets before but I'd recommend Aiyn Zahev for designers, on 2 separate occasions his yt videos were the final/decisive factor for me to pull the trigger on synths. First one was Spire, Rapid may have been the other one I can't recall.

He also made a preset for the original Strobe thatmade me realize how good that synth can sound (although Cypher is my fave/most used from SS by far.)

Look forward to hearing this new granular update in action for sure.

Return to “Instruments”