New music with synths to check out (will return the favor)! New Oct. 23rd! Radio play

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
aaron aardvark
KVRAF
1758 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Post Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 pm

I put two songs in my music website, though I think you would be most interested in the song on top: "Have the Time" which is the song on top. It has more synths. Please tell me how you like this song and how it can be improved (and I'll return the favor). Here is the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=224436

On a side note, my song "Beware of the Giant Squid" got played on 106.7 KROQ (on the Kevin and Bean Show) in Los Angeles, on October 16th! Here is a link to that song (it has some synths in it):

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... D=10213069

wagtunes
Suspended
19159 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: New music with synths to check out (will return the favor)! New Oct. 23rd! Radio play

Post Fri May 22, 2020 2:37 am

Dug this up from the archives. Shame, not one comment on this really cool stuff.

Have The Time - Love the ARP, FX, Guitar Solo, everything about this really fun tune. I just wish you'd record them at a higher volume. LOL. I keep having to crank my stereo up and then forget to turn it back down and blast myself out of the room when I listen to something else. LOL.

Beware Of The Giant Squid - Love the opening synth rez. The guitars remind me of surf rock from the 60s. Love the quirky vocals. That's some odd melody you got going on this one. It would take me about 20 listens to learn it. LOL.

The mixes on both of these are so good. And thank God Squid was a little louder so I could turn my stereo down. LOL.

Anyway, great stuff as usual. I only have one new song, Maddy Narz. Thanks in advance for the listen.

aaron aardvark
KVRAF
1758 posts since 22 Jan, 2011 from near Los Angeles

Re: New music with synths to check out (will return the favor)! New Oct. 23rd! Radio play

Post Fri May 22, 2020 4:59 pm

wagtunes,
Thank you for digging deep into my archives! I forgot how "Have the Time" went until I heard it again on my iTunes. I haven't heard that one in years. Actually, all of my tunes come very close to 0 dB (at some point) when I record them. It's that I don't use much compression or limiting. "Beware of the Giant Squid" was meant to be campy, and Kevin & Bean were into campy stuff. I had a feeling one of them might like it. It seems no one under the age of 40 years old reads a hard copy newspaper anymore. But ever see the comic strip "Lio"? The author of that (it often has a Giant Squid), Mark Tatulli, gave me a compliment for "Beware of the Giant Squid" on twitter. He also has three Emmy's for television shows. This article summarizes his career pretty quickly:

http://lideamagazine.com/mark-tatulli-s ... interview/

wagtunes
Suspended
19159 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Fri May 22, 2020 5:28 pm

aaron aardvark wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:59 pm
wagtunes,
Thank you for digging deep into my archives! I forgot how "Have the Time" went until I heard it again on my iTunes. I haven't heard that one in years. Actually, all of my tunes come very close to 0 dB (at some point) when I record them. It's that I don't use much compression or limiting. "Beware of the Giant Squid" was meant to be campy, and Kevin & Bean were into campy stuff. I had a feeling one of them might like it. It seems no one under the age of 40 years old reads a hard copy newspaper anymore. But ever see the comic strip "Lio"? The author of that (it often has a Giant Squid), Mark Tatulli, gave me a compliment for "Beware of the Giant Squid" on twitter. He also has three Emmy's for television shows. This article summarizes his career pretty quickly:

http://lideamagazine.com/mark-tatulli-s ... interview/
Fascinating stuff. I take it you're not a kid judging by the kind of music you do and are into. I'd guess you grew up in the 70s or 80s.

Return to “Music Cafe”