Lattice Reverb (Free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This guy looks really interesting.
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... rb&id=3127

great stuff from this guy. very nice sunding hat synth

Yeah i'm using his phaser and delay quite a bit.i wish we could invert the colours on the GUI though or get a darker GUI.can't stand white GUI's :x :D
I

@Debutante - I'll probably try more of his plugins now. They all look like versatile and fun effects.

@TIMT - The GUI is a bit stark. Maybe a nice dark blue to contrast more gently with the blue of the bars?

Erisian wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:09 pm @Debutante - I'll probably try more of his plugins now. They all look like versatile and fun effects.

@TIMT - The GUI is a bit stark. Maybe a nice dark blue to contrast more gently with the blue of the bars?
I'd settle for most anything other than white,but that seems like a decent suggestion
I

Some very interesting stuff by this guy, thanks for the tip.

Aaaaargh! Can't use it - it uses AVX. :-x :tantrum:

Pardon my ignorance but what is that? AVX?

AC222 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:44 pm Pardon my ignorance but what is that? AVX?
I don't know exactly but it's something to do with graphics rendering I believe. You need a modern CPU that supports it and mine sadly doesn't.

Erisian wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:45 pm
AC222 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 1:44 pm Pardon my ignorance but what is that? AVX?
I don't know exactly but it's something to do with graphics rendering I believe. You need a modern CPU that supports it and mine sadly doesn't.
Thanks boss!

Nope - it's basically the successor to SSE.

You don't need a modern CPU. But a very old one won't work.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sure he's better at maths than at graphics. Anyway he's thinking about changing GUI. See discussion here :

https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

(skip Linux related technical points)
You can't always get what you waaaant...

jens wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:38 am
Nope - it's basically the successor to SSE.

You don't need a modern CPU. But a very old one won't work.
It’s strange that I can use the seven delay but a lot of the other vst’s don’t work

Oh well :(
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

No, actually it's not so strange.,, it means he did not use any of the AVX instructions for the delay for some reason… maybe AVX is something he only started making use of recently or perhaps he did not cosider any of them a worthwhile tool for the delay or whatever…
the purpose/advantage of AVX is speed increase by making good use of the set of instructions. This requires a) Knowledge and skill and b) a DSP calculation where they can be applied beneficially.

The speed increase can be neglectable or drastic (depending on a) and b) above).

There's different versions of AVX btw:

AVX, AVX2 and AVX512 (the first consumer grade CPUs supporting AVX512 are Ice Lake so fairly new)

What's your CPU btw?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Looks like AVX started way back in sandy bridge days (2nd gen) but my 3rd gen i5 laptop (ivy bridge) doesn't see the reverb. Sees the the delay fine though.

So, yeah, what Jens said, probably using AVX2 or AVX512 instructions in the reverb.

Return to “Effects”