Homegrown Sounds Kontakt 6/Wavetable Group Buy - Level 5 Reached

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
4411 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Sun May 17, 2020 6:37 am

You have heard me complain about this before.
I would love to see Kontakt instruments to be multi-touch capable.
Yes I know that I am one of the few that wants the GUI to become the control surface.
Playing with multiple parameters at once!
Got up on the wrong side to the bed this morning so why I am venting.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sun May 17, 2020 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Re: Homegrown Sounds Kontakt 6/Wavetable Group Buy - Level 5 Reached

Post Sun May 17, 2020 6:38 am

Astralp wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:36 am
Yes, I’m really looking forward to a break from Wavetables :) I’m think make level 8 midi too, I did quite a lot of drum stuff last year, so a Midi drum machine is perhaps a better choice, and Perhaps less work.
Wow! Great!
I am with you.

Astralp
KVRAF
2080 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Post Sun May 17, 2020 6:59 am

:)

Oh, I’ve also managed to find the ‘OWNED’ code on the website and exclude the Donations category, that certainly wasn’t well thought out when I did that :) it is now possibly to add multiples of the same value.

Whilst I’m on the subject, I really want to thank everyone who bought and donated 2 weeks ago, it was a true life saver, very humbling and took away much of the stress so I could find a way back into the groove. Everyone has been truly amazing over the last few months and I can’t possibly put into words what that has meant to me.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Sun May 17, 2020 7:39 am

Everyone of us appreciates how well you have treated us with you promptly answering our questions and listening to our Feature requests. Also I appreciate how honest you have been with us. You let us know about your future product plans. I could go on.

Paul Corello
KVRist
133 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Post Sun May 17, 2020 7:48 am

Astralp wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:36 am
Yes, I’m really looking forward to a break from Wavetables :) I’m think make level 8 midi too, I did quite a lot of drum stuff last year, so a Midi drum machine is perhaps a better choice, and Perhaps less work.
I was recently looking at UVI homage to Drum Machines, but even at Sale price, couldn't afford, so any additional analog drum sounds, to my Kontakt libs, would be great.
Keep well, remember to make time for 'absolute rest, Paul☀️

Astralp
KVRAF
2080 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Post Sun May 17, 2020 8:12 am

Well to be honest Paul, I will no doubt make a drum machine external to the Group Buy, but have a feeling it would take too much time to make the Drum Sounds within the Group Buy. There is a lot of work ahead, but I will see how things go over the next couple of weeks. I was planning to make drum sounds using the digitone rather than analogue, at some point I’d love to get hold of a Rhytm for that purpose. I do still have The A4 mk 1 which is good for drums except Bass drums, it can do them but relies on a Resonance Boost to get the Bass which is hit and miss. I will certainly keep analogue drum sounds in my mind for the future though, it’s good fun although time consuming.

I am trying to be sensible with my time, I intend to have a day off tomorrow. :)

courtjestr
KVRist
213 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Sun May 17, 2020 10:12 pm

I bought into the Circular group buy last year and picked up Serentity this year. I am seriously looking at the Augment Group Buy Revisited now. I am wondering if purchasing Augment would contribute to the Serenity group buy like it did to Circular.

killmaster
KVRian
1277 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Mon May 18, 2020 6:57 am

I'm curious about a few things on the new Interpolator which sounds amazing to my ears! I was surprised how much sonic music potential there seems to be in the sound motions!

The left display shows the wavetable which is the "in betweens" of 2 waveforms (I'm really new to wavetables), is that correct? So the wavetables that are selectable are 2 waveforms that interpolate?

And what is the WAVETABLE FORM? Is it a way of modulating the resulting interpolated waveform from display 1? So the first display shows the position of the interpolation and the second display shows the final waveform after its been processed by the FORM method?

Sorry if this is rudimentary but I found myself making my own assumptions about this.

Greg

Paul Corello
KVRist
133 posts since 23 Sep, 2003

Post Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Astralp wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:12 am
Well to be honest Paul, I will no doubt make a drum machine external to the Group Buy, but have a feeling it would take too much time to make the Drum Sounds within the Group Buy. There is a lot of work ahead, but I will see how things go over the next couple of weeks. I was planning to make drum sounds using the digitone rather than analogue, at some point I’d love to get hold of a Rhytm for that purpose. I do still have The A4 mk 1 which is good for drums except Bass drums, it can do them but relies on a Resonance Boost to get the Bass which is hit and miss. I will certainly keep analogue drum sounds in my mind for the future though, it’s good fun although time consuming.

I am trying to be sensible with my time, I intend to have a day off tomorrow. :)
Firstly have a restful day off.

Secondly looking forward to future drum machine, but also realised I have Emergent Properties, of which I never seem to tire. I have it available on many project templates, but don't always remember it's there, der! Plus Drumscape & Reanidrum; just gonna revisit: basically I 🐝 a 🐿️ & greedy 🐖, who also has 'collectivitus' 🙃

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Thu May 21, 2020 6:47 pm

Is there any chance to get more that the two presets for Interpolator?

BTW I really like the many randomizers in HG Audio Kontakt instruments.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Thu May 21, 2020 6:53 pm

NM
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sat May 23, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Thu May 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Is there a list of the Instruments that work with Kontakt 6. If not asking for too much which Kontakt 6 features have been implemented into the Kontakt 6 instruments?

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Post Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm

With Group Buys and single instrument purchases I ended up with many instruments!

A few more questions:

Repeat, what is the best way to organize the folders. I have my folder structure set by Group Buys or basically the way I downloaded them but it doesn't seem right.

What is the best way to organize the wav files and folders?
Should put all in one folder with sub-folders?

Can or should delete the K5 instruments if there is a K6?

After all these year I am now just beginning to understand how to use Kontakt.

Windows 10-64 bit, Kontakt 6.

tony10000
KVRian
836 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:50 pm
With Group Buys and single instrument purchases I ended up with many instruments!

A few more questions:

Repeat, what is the best way to organize the folders. I have my folder structure set by Group Buys or basically the way I downloaded them but it doesn't seem right.

What is the best way to organize the wav files and folders?
Should put all in one folder with sub-folders?

Can or should delete the K5 instruments if there is a K6?

After all these year I am now just beginning to understand how to use Kontakt.

Windows 10-64 bit, Kontakt 6.
These may help:

https://impactsoundworks.com/optimizing ... ow-part-1/

https://8dio.com/2017/10/11/organize-sa ... uick-load/

bob swans
KVRist
289 posts since 16 Sep, 2007

Post Sun May 24, 2020 4:38 am

I hope you don't mind but I put together a very rough demo of the group buy instruments
It's not very entertaining :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGqb_FaJbA
Presets available for DSI P12, Korg Monologue,U-he Repro/Diva, Audiorealism ABL Pro and Madrona Labs Virta here
https://sellfy.com/BoBSwanS

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”