Arp 2600: Who will do it right?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

U-he did Prophet and Pro-1
TAL did Juno 60 and SH-101
Synapse did Model D and has OB-Xa coming
XILS did VCS3 and Polymoog

ARP 2600 and Yamaha CS-80 are the main two classic analogs left.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I've given up on both of them. I would personally write to Urs, Richard and Xavier to do them but I know it would be a total waste of time. I won't get into the reasons why I feel that way because I'll only get arguments about them anyway, so I'll just leave it at that.

TLDR - When hell freezes over

Is there a possibility that GForce is working on a CS80? I know they have hinted at new products in development, and they provided a few CS80 and CS60 samples in a recent String Machine expansion. They also posted a nice hardware CS80 demonstration on YouTube. I wonder if they could be working on a general CS vst that covers sounds from several CS models. The only other possible answer to the question might be Behringer...

Imposcar was good and Oddity was the first usesable analog emulation.

I don't know their polymoog but XILS VCS3 is not in the same league as the others you mentioned. It's the only synth I own (the SE cut down version) which I uninstalled long ago because I know I'll never use it. And as for a CS-80, the ME80 is excellent, certainly closer than Arturia's.

For tmhe 2600, might be worth checking out the 2600 modules in Voltage Modular 2?

I don't know if XILS had a hardware VCS3 or AKS to dissect, but the modelling they did on Polymoog and VP-330 are as thorough as it can get.

electro wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:49 am

ARP 2600 and Yamaha CS-80 are the main two classic analogs left.
its quite possible someone may do it... they are quite rare, especially in mint condition (which you will need to model it accurately) and it may be a big financial risk to buy a crappy one and get it repaired

maybe when the cheaper behringer one comes out, it will be more likely (Assuming it's agreed by "experts" that it is accurate)

i cant see uhe doing it anytime soon, they seem to have a lot on their plate as it is.

Im kind of Hoping Korg will model it. I'd be willing to pay up to $149 for such a plugin if its done right.
:borg:

What about SONiVOX Timewarp 2600, is it a bad emulation?

https://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/timewarp-2600

BeeDog wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:16 am What about SONiVOX Timewarp 2600, is it a bad emulation?

https://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/timewarp-2600

it's a good emulation, but 15 years old, and there will be no futur updates and it has a lot of bugs, but it sounds very good.

so the arturia arp 2600 v and cs-80 v are considered as no-go synths. to each their own.

Korg did an emulation of their Odyssey hardware re-issue so it is possible they might do the same with their new ARP 2600 hardware. AFAIK they also own the ARP brand at the moment. Their new ARP 2600 FS uses the ARP logo at the panel, not a Korg logo.
They also seem to colalborate with David Friend, one of the co-founders of ARP.
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon May 25, 2020 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Arturia did it right.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:48 am Arturia did it right.
Yes, but there is a lot of butthurt about the awesome Arturia OB-XA V emanating from certain quarters right now, so they gotta vent. Haters gonna hate. :shrug:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

WasteLand wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:23 am so the arturia arp 2600 v and cs-80 v are considered as no-go synths. to each their own.

i think some ppl consider them to be not as accurate as they could be

no idea myself, never tried them and don't own the hardware

Return to “Instruments”