The Delay debate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think it's so cool to see someone using FL plugins in other DAWs and I mean really swearing by them.

I get tired of the immature rep FL has. But I also get tired of all the teenage trap star wannabes who just drag and drop 808 samplepacks onto FL Studio and expect to become millionaires - so I can understand why there's so much hate on FL Studio. Hopefully we've reached peak "beats" and can get back to "music". OK boomer? I'm Gen X, eff off! :D

ghjk
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

FL is a fine tool. If you want to make music you can do so with it. Like any other daw. I used it a lot until recent times. It has idiosyncracies you must acclimate to, but if you want to make music you can and it will sound as good as any other DAW. It's bespoke synths and effects are more than capable. Its piano roll is the best there is, imo. I don't like the automation so much, and the midi implementation is not so hot either. Why am I saying this? Because it's become tedious when people trot out criticism based on it's 'colourful' appearance or complain that only talentless kids use it to make dubstep or whatever. My main DAW now is not FL but I got a lot of stuff out of it and I learned a lot along the way. Just saying...

Justice made their first smash album with Garageband, so, you know. "Whatever," am I right? DAW don't matter.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:54 pm ...
I don't think image-line provide anything really out of this world...
IMO Harmor is out of this world.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Harmor is a beast.
btw, the editor plugin, Edison, I still use as a plugin a lot. it's a great editor/slicer...
don't need all the bloat of soundforge say. :_)

i use meldaproduction MXXX as my swiss army delay.
you can do almost anything you can think of with it.
you can put any of the modules in the delay path so the possibilities are endless.
its very expensive if youre only going to use it as a delay though. its worth every penny when you really dive into it though.

fgh
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

fgh
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrystalWizard wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:57 am For many uses any old delay will be fine.
So true. Sure, I have delays with polyrhythmic features, reverse, modulation, materials modeling, pitch shifting, and more things I can't think of right now, but 90% of the time I just want echoes.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

codec_spurt wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:07 pm
CrystalWizard wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:59 am
codec_spurt wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:54 pm ...
I don't think image-line provide anything really out of this world...
IMO Harmor is out of this world.

Got me there.

You are right.

Harmor really is out of this world. :tu:
:tu:
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Ok..i tested them all, have alot...and the best is:

WonderEcho.

(Single/Dual/PingPong/Filter+consoleEQ in feedbackpath)
https://www.native-instruments.com/de/r ... show/7985/
Check the audio example!

Considering all aspects.. especially sound.
But it's the whole package that makes it the best..and i mean that.
From the Gui over the features to the sound.
In it went tons of work, research and countless days and nights of listening.

Sweep a console eq through a delay and feed it back..sweep the eq with XY pad... for maximum pleasure.

I will release a small update soon..i hope. (in the meantime no strucural mistakes of any kind where found since release)

It has a complete smooth response and what ever setting you come up with, will make sense, because the algorithm is designed that way.
From delays of all kinds with swing, accent over chorus, flanging to distortion with feedback.

It includes manuals, tips + tool tips on every knob... i took care of every bit and number that went though the deep structure.

..I don't even talk about this thing, i made it because i wanted to have all the features+HQ sound and there is nothing out there that can do what it can do, not even Echoboy and ReplikaXT combined.

It's free and eveything i wrote is true.

f**k.. it even has an interactive GUI that will only reveal things when you need them.
- WonderEcho -

NAD wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:49 pm Does anybody remember this guy?
It's SynthEdit and the developer is long gone by now so 32bit only.
still my favorite delay VST ever. the dev’s not “long gone” at all, but unfortunately hasn’t had the time or inclination to bring it to 64-bit. i keep pestering him about it every once in a while. i use it with jBridge, but it craps out sometimes.

You can thank YouTube and InternetMoney for that, theres a million teenagers now who want to be the next Nick Mirra.

But there is something to be said about these kids who have no music theory or technical understanding of music engineering that are making music by taking a couple cool sounds and sequencing them together, it's basically how Hip Hop, House, Techno...ect all started. By just taking samples of what they thought sounded cool and putting a groove to it.
codec_spurt wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:54 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:34 am I think it's so cool to see someone using FL plugins in other DAWs and I mean really swearing by them.

I get tired of the immature rep FL has. But I also get tired of all the teenage trap star wannabes who just drag and drop 808 samplepacks onto FL Studio and expect to become millionaires - so I can understand why there's so much hate on FL Studio. Hopefully we've reached peak "beats" and can get back to "music". OK boomer? I'm Gen X, eff off! :D
FLStudio gets a bad rap from its fruityloops days. But I know people that made some really amazing music with fruityloops 2.5.

They would burn CD's and send them to me in the post.

Beautiful music.

Not everyone can do it. And on this site there is a greater amount of tech fetishists. That's ok. But it's not music.

I don't think image-line provide anything really out of this world. They provide adequate plugins at a very reasonable price that are well integrated among themselves and other DAWs. So that counts for a lot.

I see what you mean about those that just shit on image-line stuff and those that fetishize it. Never the twain shall meet.

Every serious producer should have a copy of FLStudio in their box. It does midi surprisingly well and does things that no other DAW can do. If you ever tried to record in an old Ensoniq Sampler or Workstation on 12 midi channels at once, you probably won't find another DAW that will do it as well as FL.

The FX stuff is just icing on an otherwise delicious cake.

I don't care what people use.

But apart from the bread and butter stuff, image-line provide some indispensable tools. Fun stuff, but also essential work tools that are not available in any other DAW.

Has anyone had a problem buying from Surreal Machine website lately from US?
Trying to pay either with PayPal or Visa and it’s not working at all.

They’re having a great 50% discount on the Bundle or individual plugins.

I can’t buy them :bang:
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Return to “Effects”